Headlight and lighting/mirrors

dimixtron

cbhxb
Jan 22, 2008
Downey, CA
Okay so I've been searching over and over and can't really turn anything up, excuse me as I am on my phone and that may be the reason why. But I was curious are there any DIY or vendors that sell HID conversion for our headlights with sleepy look? The look I'm going for is like Rodel's. As well, can't turn up anything in regards to LEDs for interior lighting, license plate, and taillights. And finally, any good aftermarket mirrors for our cars?

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
no kits for the sleepy eye looks youll have to have it custom done, someone has done a nsx headlight which looked nice but lots of work. same goes for leds in the taillights . as far as mirrors there are some aftermarket options but stock looks best in my opinion .

dimixtron

cbhxb
Jan 22, 2008
Downey, CA
RiyadYar;1908320 said:
no kits for the sleepy eye looks youll have to have it custom done, someone has done a nsx headlight which looked nice but lots of work. same goes for leds in the taillights . as far as mirrors there are some aftermarket options but stock looks best in my opinion .

I know there aren't any kits, but more of if there's anyone who took pics while doing it maybe I can give it a shot. I know there are aftermarket options for the mirrors, but what would they be? J haven't found any. And LEDs for the interior lights? Just looking for a good place to start!

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
Had a friend of mine do a retrofit right 3 years ago. Used retrofitsource.com, he did it all himself and ended up spending in the 350-400 range. I don't know how you would spend a grand on that

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya. Options are cheap through there. Also depends what you use.

Don't have to shorten the rod either. Tho some do it so it doesn't pop up as much.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
hvyman;1908737 said:
Don't have to shorten the rod either. Tho some do it so it doesn't pop up as much.

That is true but it is what I plan on doing. I'm also going to use hella projectors instead.
They won't be HIDs but should be much brighter then stock at half the price of other projectors.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Morimoto minis are 300$. H4 housings are about 25 each. Some glue and shipping and its about 400 for a legit lighting setup.

Quality hid setup is night and day compared to everything else.

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
hvyman;1908757 said:
Morimoto minis are 300$. H4 housings are about 25 each. Some glue and shipping and its about 400 for a legit lighting setup.

Quality hid setup is night and day compared to everything else.

It really is. His lights are 10x better than mine without blinding anybody. He also did his fogs, which some say are kind of useless to do but he uses them as daytime running lights and they look very good. I'm hoping Poodles will make some more kits sometime in the future