Headers

87 mk3

May 19, 2008
Panorama City
does anyone knoe if they sell headers 4 the 7m-ge n about how much they run for?? if so where can i find them online n about how much horsepower more do i get???:icon_bigg

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Google search "7MGE headers." Stainless is better than mild(S.s. won't rust), and mandrel bent is preferred.

Use the search here, as there are quite a few threads talking about different headers, and one good one specifically about them.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
The stock manifold is not better than the Pacesetter, I don't care who you talk to. The Pacesetter needs the O2 sensor relocated and needs to be ceramic coated, but is an ok header otherwise.

NickSupra

Apr 6, 2005
tn
Check ebay I see some there on occasion. I have had a pacesetter header on my car for about 5 years and it is still doing great. The only thing I had to do was fab a heat shield, as the heat melted my first dist. cap.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
NickSupra;1035245 said:
Check ebay I see some there on occasion. I have had a pacesetter header on my car for about 5 years and it is still doing great. The only thing I had to do was fab a heat shield, as the heat melted my first dist. cap.
Wow, melted your distributor cap? I've had mine for around 5 years also and never melted the distributor cap.

Yes they are an OK header, better to get them ceramic coated if you can swing the bucks.