Head porting

Harnasiu

Apr 24, 2007
POLAND
Hi

First of all i would like say hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I'm planning upgrade my 7mgte to 700hp and i have one question. Is it necessary to do the head porting (increasing intake/exhaust channel diameter)?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Porting will make it much easier. You could probably due without by adding nitrous and overboost. But due it the easy way.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You have high hopes for your car right now, I sure hope you know what your are getting yourself into. If your unsure about a simple head porting ?, then hopefully we'll be able to point you in the right direction when the barrage of other ?'s start comming in on your road to 700 HP (is that crank HP or RWHP?). Grow a thick skin quick or learn to search, or better yet, both, because don't be surprised to see some smart assed comments come flying your way if you don't post a well thought out question/thread before hand that you've search on, researched, and still have ?'s on after you've redefined your search to include the additional ?'s that will pop up due to the original search that you started ;).

Start here.

michalkow

Apr 24, 2007
Poland - Warsaw
Starcream5000 - So u say that head porting is simple ? :| The problem is that we (i'm building this Supra with Harnasiu) wanted to make this profesional - calculated and checked with flow bench (and it costs a lot in Poland). Beside as u can see we have opinions splited 50/50. You can be sure that we read a lot, and we know what we are doing. We just wanted to ask people that have that kind of hp in their Supras what they think, because there are better ways to spent this kind of money. Peace and love !! :D

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
Harnasiu;919078 said:
Hi
I'm planning upgrade my 7mgte to 700hp and i have one question. Is it necessary to do the head porting (increasing intake/exhaust channel diameter)?

Anything is possible with enough time and money. So no, its not necessary to port the head, but simple things like 3-angle valve jobs, a nice back cut on the valve and simple port job can increase flow as much as 30%. Sometimes even more. Think about how much easier your life will be after you have the head properly ported.