head lights????

utsupraguy1010

Apr 13, 2008
utah
alright i upgraded from the sealed beam head lights to some projectors i got and they came with some light bulbs but after trying to drive in the dark and see i noticed well they completly suck.. so i got rid of those and got some silvania ultra white bulbs best ones checker had for my car. Now they are a little bit better but still not very bright is there anything i can do to make them brighter. or is there and hid kit around that anyone knows of and will hid make a big difference????

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
are they the ebay "projectors" that are inside the H4 housings? or are they actual single round projector lenses by them selves?

if they are the ebay H4 projectors, they are garbage X10.
ran those for about 9 seconds and decided to throw them in the garbage.

for now I have e-code housings with 8000K HID's. very bright! huge difference. Yes, it does scatter quite a bit but still an amazing upgrade. (8000k hid kit bought locally for $180, e-code housings $110.)

i work at a collision shop, so I was able to take some Acura TSX projector lenses that were still brand new. and I will be retrofitting them with HID's in them for my headlights instead of the square H4's

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Here are the ones I have but these are also with the ebay h4 housing. The picture is not the best but it lights up the whole street very nice and I just got my 10k h3 bulbs as well for the fog lights so when I get a relay and hook everything up good I will post some more pics

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1128130_1.jpg

p1128130_2.jpg

p1128130_3.jpg

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
playa, thats exactly what other cars will see coming your way, not good. gotta get the hella ECEs so you can actually have a cutoff.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
If you are upgrading your headlight hardware and are trying to do it on the cheap... STOP NOW!

If you think your headlights are not adequate then the first thing you should do is a rewire... http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

If your headlights still are not adequate then the only option you should consider is the Hella ECode headlight and a QUALITY H4 bulb - do not just pick up some cheap-o bulb that touts anything relating to "Super", "Hyper", "Extreme".

IF these two did not satisfy your need to upgrade your headlights then... and only then... should you consider the VERY expensive option of completely reworking your headlights.

IF you consider this path at no time should you even think about using an "Auxiliary" light in place of a headlight. These lights were not designed to be a main beam and are not only illegal but also dangerous to oncoming drivers.

Going this route will involve pretty substantial customizations to get right - read "not just throwing some stuff together". This is a safety element of the car. Don't mess with it lightly.

Dec 8, 2008
pembroke pines
i have the same housing with 8K's from ebay my dumb ass purchased the wrong HID kit so it was custom wire time >_< ill be replacing them.. the only thing is you have to relay your fog's to come on with the HID's for some reason

Who

Supramania Contributor
Head light bulbs and the housing they all go into are manufactured to very specific specs. The way the reflector backing is shaped and where the filament sits in the bulb (distance and orientation) all work together to give you the proper light pattern. For instance you can modify a 9006 bulb to go into a 9004 bulb housing but the wattage is wrong for the wiring and the focus point is wrong as well. This results in poor lighting. You can't mix and match and get satisfactory results.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
plaaya69;1128130 said:
Here are the ones I have but these are also with the ebay h4 housing. The picture is not the best but it lights up the whole street very nice and I just got my 10k h3 bulbs as well for the fog lights so when I get a relay and hook everything up good I will post some more pics

What brand are the lights you have. Although you got them from E-bay, they do have a brand.

Duane

Dec 8, 2008
pembroke pines
upgradedsupra;1229794 said:
What brand are the lights you have. Although you got them from E-bay, they do have a brand.

Duane

no they dont have a brand there just crystal headlights for a supra they mesure 7x5 if im not mistaken..