hazard switch wiring question.

audia4guy08

Oct 23, 2011
Tacoma,WA
I picked up a new shell when I was in the middle of doing my 2jzge swap, motor is all in and stuff and i'm finishing putting my interior back together. I have a few wire taps with nothing in them one of them is the white green wire from this diagram leading to the hazard switch http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=62. My hazard switch isn't working, my question is would having that wire tap there cause my switch to not get power? I'm thinking I may just reconnect all the wires and remove the taps anyways but figured i'd ask.

audia4guy08

Oct 23, 2011
Tacoma,WA
I wasn't exactly sure what either of those wires were for, didn't see your response when I posted that I made a mistake as to which color the wire was. this one goes into the combination switches. I could be hunting in the wrong area thanks for any info.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 17

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
The green and white/green wires going to the hazard switch are for the illumination of the switch at night. They are not used, nor do they affect the switches actual operation.

To answer your question: no, that wire will not cause your hazard switch to not have power.

Jeff

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
Man I wish I knew how to use those schematics to troubleshoot. My hazards, turn signals, and cig lighter aren't working either.
I know its not rocket science to some but fuck...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Lots of stuff out there. For example youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhOhPO0_04Y

The TEWD and Autoshop101.com are also good.

It's not that hard really. You want ground and power to reach the load. Most times the ground is brought directly to it. Once that's verified you start tracing the power side until you find what's keeping it from the load. Much of the learning is how to use a meter properly. Like all things it gets easier with practice but some people are better at it than others. I found it almost intuitive at around age 10. I blame my dad, an electrician all his life.

audia4guy08

Oct 23, 2011
Tacoma,WA
Hey just thought i'd say I figured this out...and i'm a tard. The turn signal flasher was missing from the new car. I must've been over thinking it or something. Thanks for all the help.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Jimbo;1918720 said:
Any websites or tips that can lead me in the right direction, JJ?

Use the online tewd or buy one for yourself and just dig in. You won't learn much without just digging in. It can take a little experience but its nothing you can't learn if you try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2