Has anyone ever scraped their downpipe

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mine is as tucked as you can get (to the point where it used to actually rest on the crossmember for the tranny)

I don't hit anything, but I'm stock ride hight...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I think I should clarify...

I do NOT have the HKS downpipe, but a ZW DDP and you can't see it from the side of the car.

The HKS one you can see hanging down.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Sawbladz;941949 said:
I scrape on everything due to the H&R's. I have a flex section in my DDP because I knew I would have this problem.

My poor old BIC downpipe got quite the abuse. I'm not too excited about the exhaust with the 1j setup, its going to be nasty *cries*

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Titan's downpipe is nice, flows well, doesn't hang down, and eliminates the need for the restrictive turbo elbow.

My car is loooooow and I know what you guys are saying, every once and awhile a speed bump catches me off guard and ka-bang. I let out a string that would make a sailor blush, partly because it pisses me off, and partly because (not expecting it) it scares the shit out of me.

Still, I'd rather put up with that, than being able to fit a "tall boy" between the top of my tire and the fenderwell lip.::nono:

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
I scrape my exhaust/frame rail on almost every speed bump or incline I come across.

The other week my dp actually broke while going over some railroad tracks. I just bought a flex section for the dp I'm installing so that should help a lot, and as much as I don't want to, I'll have to raise my ride height a tad.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
I have an HKS that came with the car, stock 89+ ride height, never scraped. I am a VERY conservative driver when it comes to that sort of thing though, I always crawl up driveways diagonally and dodge potholes like the plague.

I do plan on getting a new DP when money allows though.

89TargaT

No Traction FTL...
Jan 30, 2008
Missouri
I scrape my DP every day entering/leaving my driveway. It also scrapes on the road where it's uneven. Oh, and I'm lowered on Tein SS.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I have a megan downpipe which looks to be an exact copy of the hks and it does hang lower then the rest of my exhaust.I scrap it all the time when i'm i am drive to fast but i live on a pot hole infested poorist excuse for a road i've ever see.Damn thing doesn't even have lines painted on it and its a 2 lane road.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
hks&

I know the angle isn't the best. I just wanted a pic of it a couple of years ago. And no, I am not recomending it over others with a flanged CT26 elbow attached. Or if you plan on a T4 or GT uprgade later.

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
my tanabe dp is so beat up, I should take a picture of it (thank you rich city of new york that you cant fix your roads)

My DP grinds when my tranny is idle, I tried pulling it down a bit today and it grinded less but still sucks, and I'm on eibachs with tokico 2s.