hard thought to swallow

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
ok so my daily driver is a 2006 honda civic si, its currently making about 45% over stock HP so the stock clutch didnt last long, so im on my way to pick up my new clutch and flywheel today and what do i see at a lil mexican car lot??

an 88 NA bright red that literally looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor, were talkin EVERYTHING but the sift knob leather looked PRISTINE!!!

i asked the nice man how much they were asking jjust out of curiosity and he said 3400!! i was like oh holy crap but then he told me it was already sold and the gentleman would be back promptly to get it. so me and my lovely fiancee decided to eat at the mexican restaurant right next door to see if we could catch a glimpse of the lucky sob.

well we did, and im so upset rite now, like i literally almost cried on the way home because this town is known for ricers, i mean anything you can think of that they make a cheap crappy body kit for, there is one in this town, its a very large town so you can only imagine.

i just got sick to my stomach to think of how absolutely georgeous this car is and how heartbraking it will be to see that same car probably not too long from now with some big gaudy body kit and a fat wing on the back, with chrome "dubs" no less probably.

i know this thread is utterly pointless but i had to voice that to someone because its bottling up inside of me the disgust that i have thinking of what most likely will lie in store for this car.

thank you all for the time i just made you waste by saying all that, have a good day:nono:

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
i couldnt see his face, but it has bothered me all day today. i mean it was to me like watching someone buying a dog just to go home and chain it up and beat it, its really getting to me, i didtn look at the mileage or anything so i cant say exactly how good of a deal this car was but i would say you couldve gotten at least a good 6-7K out of it, and it literally broke my heart, id have bounced the livin hell out of a check then and there....

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Who pays $3400 for 1988 anything, especially a 88 supra???? Are you sure it wasn't 1400????

You can pickup nice SC300's, GS300's, LS400's for that. Or if you like class, you can get E36 BMW's for 3400. Theres soooo many better choices out there.

He really was an idiot. I know this is a MKIII forum, but please.. you're not going to get 6-7k for a stock MKIII. Keep dreaming.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
$3400 for a '88 N/A?? Doesn't sound like THAT good of a deal unless it had like 50k miles...

Wanna buy my '92 N/A in pristine condition for $4000?

Oct 2, 2006
Denver
It sounds like a squeaky clean car, but do remember that paint fades and can be refinished.

Do you own one of these cars? I see that your membership mentions it. Save the $4G for a turbocharged rig. Or better yet, sell the disposable compact and dump that money, plus the $4G you are willing to fork over for the N/A and get a turbo that is just as nice or better.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
i understand all of your comments, YES i do drive a civic, YES i was preaching a bit about rice, YES it was an NA, but i mean come on guys it still had all the freakin labels on the climate control and it even had teh factory radio in it,

on another note, yes i do own an 87 turbo, slightly modified, and my CIVIC, thats rite a HONDA, will keep up with it any day of the week, i know its still just a honda but i gata have something with decent gas mileage, even if it is an Si

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
DonS1mpson;962164 said:
A modified Civic owner wants to talk about rice? Oh, the irony.

AaronsSupraMKIII;962193 said:

How do you know he's done ricey things to his Civic? Maybe he just did some random basic stuff. Driving a certain car doesn't make it rice..

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
giterboosted;964426 said:
but i mean come on guys it still had all the freakin labels on the climate control and it even had teh factory radio in it,

labels? you mean the buttons weren't worn away? meh....

seeing a nice supra going off to who knows where could stress me out but...i bet there was something you didn't know about. aand it is just a car... if he destroys it it just makes our current cars worth more anyway.:naughty:

maybe it was a POS under the hood? there are ways to make a car LOOK great even though it's shit...no worries bud.