Hand stitched leather goods

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I have decided that while Im going back to school Im going to try to do stuff that keeps me close to home instead of on the road all day. Having experimented with my own car to get my technique down I think Im ready to take on some work, SO, PTS Enterprises adds a new service available immediately, Custom leather replacement goods! This is top quality heirloom grade upholstery leather, not "pleather". It is machine sewn, and then hand stitched in place

Ive started with steering wheels and Im offering a group buy to get started which can be found here: GROUP BUY PAGE

DSCF2353.JPG

I will also soon be offering shift knobs and shifter boots as well.

DSCF2369.JPG

Some form of E-brake handles as well will be coming. This is a wrap for the mk2 handle which doesnt have any leather on it from the factory.

DSCF2386.JPG

DSCF2385.JPG

Console covers will also be available, but as of yet I havent decided if Im going to try to offer the foam padding with them. Here is one done in ultrasuede.
interiorpanels009.jpg

My line up should expand as i go with differnt color stitching, perforated leather accents and two tone choices as well.

I will NOT be doing seats. If there is something else you would like to see this is the place to discuss it. This is new thing for me so Im just gearing up right now. I feel I could cover just about any small part in leather if you have something you think might look cool that way. If you have something you might want done just let me know.

Last edited:

Woody1989

Apr 17, 2008
Texas
Steering wheel looks nice. I have a 1989 steering wheel that looks very similar to the one in your picture. How much to re-wrap it in factory black?

Thanks!

Brad

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
webbs7mgte;1132817 said:
verrrrrrryyyy nice big ups was wondering you thinking aobut doing custom inserts for the mk3 door panels lol

I could do door panel inserts, but to be honest there is nothing to them. The door cards can be easily taken out and recovered. I did that for my white NA in the same blue ultrasuede:

interiorpanels010.jpg

interiorpanels007.jpg

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Hey, Pete, would you be able to redo one of my TRD shift knobs with red stitching but still allow the gear pattern etched on top and the TRD stickers to be glued to the side? The one in my Celica started to crumble apart.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Zum, lets do it. I lost my pattern from when I did my suede one. I have enough on the group buy for the wheels to go ahead and order the leather, and will have plenty left over for an arm rest.

P.S. Thanks Tim

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Davismj711;1134253 said:
Pete, your work looks spot on great !! I will follow this thread to see if or when Blue leather is introduced as an option.
Will it ever happen or am I cloud hoping again ?

If someone (hint hint) has some blue leather scrap they want to send me to try to color match I can give it to my supplier and see what we can do. If you can find a piece that hasnt been exposed to the sun we can try to match what it looked like from the factory. If you arent super picky about the exact color, I can order trim/scrap leather in smaller pieces to do the job.

The only real problem is that the smallest peice I can get from this guy is a half hide (24sq.ft.). If I can find enough demand to justify that I will order it. So far the responce has been underwhelming at least in terms of volume.

The thing here is Im just trying to do this while I go back to school and Im just starting out with this so I have to order in whatever I need. I dont have any stock on hand YET. This is going to need a little development to really be able to offer what I want to offer. If you guys work with me, I'll work with you. I will whatever possible to earn your business.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Thanks for compliments on the workmanship guys, it means alot to me. Im a bit of a perfectionist and thats why I have decided to sell my wheel and do a new one for my own car. I want red stitching and I stare at the one little nick I got installing the wheel and it drives me nuts, lol.

Group buy is fully underway, no waiting, just send your wheel and get it back in a week. Six slots remaining.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
WhtMa71;1139131 said:
I'm going to have to get you do redo my wheel in the near future.

Yes, please let me know if you do.

Ive done some more searching around and found a company that sells through ebay their reupholstery services and the cheapest I saw them selling a mk3 wheel for was $209. They only do half the number of laces I do. Admittedly so did Toyota, but I prefer the type of stitching I do as its the same as Momo and some other high end wheels.