Halo 3

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Not exactly. Here is some good information to clear things up.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/2007/09/11/hdmi_vs_component/index.html

That said, I prefer HDMI, and even picked up the Halo 360 for the HDMI output and the falcon chipset. (weither or not the Halo 360 has the falcon chipset remains to be seen. But so far it's looking like it is. The thing definitely runs cooler, and is no longer louder than my PS3.) I was going to pick up an elite 360 soon anyways, but the fact the halo 360 might have the falcon chipset caused me to pick up this one. The fact that I like the way it looks is just an added bonus.

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
they are about the same, im on a 42" Plasma High Def.
and i run the "official xbox hd cables" and it looks better than my friends HDMI setup on his elite, but he is on a 4x" LDC high def.

I dont see "hdmi is so much cooler" thing, but i guess its just people that dont know much about tv's to know anybetter. Unless your tv is set up to take advantage of HDMI it wouldnt even matter anyways...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
good, now take it apart and see if it has the new chipset in it...

though I doubt it...

supposedly around christmas they're gonna come out with the ones with the new chips and drop the price... then I'll pick one up

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
How many people had the problem with the LE discs being scratched. One report I read the store had a 1in3 problem. Seems like a big problem for MS's big cash cow to have disc failures outa the box, then again these problems happened before with them.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Poodles said:
good, now take it apart and see if it has the new chipset in it...

though I doubt it...

supposedly around christmas they're gonna come out with the ones with the new chips and drop the price... then I'll pick one up

any idea what upgrades there doing besides that.. I don't feel like paying a grip just for a 360..

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
i got my xbox 360 used at gamestop for 180.00 and if it gets the redring of death or stops working for any reason within i a year i just walk in and get a new one for free..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I gues im doing ok so far..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
but it's a new refurbed one, so it's just gonna die again...

nintendo is the onle one that can make a damn gaming system that lasts anymore...

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Ive played Halo and wasnt impressed, Ive now played Halo 3 and.......im still not impressed. I havent played the campaign on 3 but did play 3 hours worth to get a good enough evaluation. The biggest things I noticed was that the attention to minor graphics details were vastly improved but not to the point of being able to say this is so much better than Halo 2. I was expecting a lot better eye candy and was very disappointed.

For all of these people to be going crazy over this game, take a look at Crysis to see what a game nowadays should be like. Playing Halo 3 seemed like taking a step back a few years in comparison to what is currently out right now.