H6054 Projectors

87GWSupra

Rally Supra
Jan 24, 2010
Carlton, Oregon
Been looking into running projectors on my MK3. So far been thinking of using parts from The Retrofit Source. Wondering if any one had good examples. Like what housings did you use and how did you mount the projector into the housing.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Look up a thread by Grimjack on the subject of HID retrofitting. He made a nice setup. :)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
I'm currently putting a set of morimoto ds2 minis in a set of universal housings i got off ebay.
I trimmed the back of the housings to just barely clear the projector and i'm using little bolts and nuts to hold the assembly in place to allow for slight adjustments.
I'm stuck right now as i'm not sure which shroud to use, i may try to make a custom one.

Meh, not at the top of the list right now.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
p1892750_1.jpg

The ones i have are in the 2nd row, Morimoto DS2 Mini's with HID Planets HID Kit & Wiring harness.... way better then stock 6k lumens..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've made one set and have the parts to make more, just haven't had the time (or access to my tools I need) in a while...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1892421 said:
Yeah, made by me :p
Son of a b... the one time I second guess myself. :nono: I swear I get you two confused more than ANY other people on here. :rofl:

Poodles;1892785 said:
I've made one set and have the parts to make more, just haven't had the time (or access to my tools I need) in a while...
Let me know when you do, I'll buy a set. In a position where money shouldn't be a problem either. :)

lunatic

A man with a plan
May 12, 2009
kuna, ID
i'd love to see a price or maybe a how to on how to make them these things look great and i have limited vision with the regular sealed beam lights and since i only have mine up when in use i'm not worried about the plastic housing getting ruined from exposure to road debris