H4 HIDs hi/lo not switching

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Hey all,

Had some extra time today and started to work on my HID problem again. I haven't been able to get them to switch between high/low since about 6 months after I installed them (a few years ago). I removed them and replaced the relays in the control box, but that didn't make a difference. Last week, I found another harness online (not the SuperVision/EasySee harness) but one with matching plugs and the same wiring.

I hooked it up today, but still had the high/low switching problem, so i tried the solutions in this thread/these diagrams:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...adlight-problems.&highlight=negative+switched

I believe I've got a negative-switched system, so I tried the 4 pin relay on the passenger side first. It solved the problem with the high-beam indicator not working, but only allowed the bulb to switch from low to high once and never back.

I switched to the 5 pin relay installed on the driver's side per diagram, but this only allowed the bulb to operate on low beam and cut off completely upon switching to high-beam. I'm stumped now, anyone have suggestions?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry to tell you, but most HID kits are complete garbage. Mine fialed after about 6 months (had one bulb break, one burn out, ballasts die, and the control box failed). You can build the same system as the control box with relays and diodes though.

This is why I'm working on making real projector based HID kits for the community.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
I came to this conclusion, especially after CK skipped out on selling all those EasySee kits. Guess my next step is waiting for you to sell me a kit or tear into my own TSX projector project.

SupraRzTT

Jun 14, 2009
BC
our cars are ground controlled. U have to switch 2 terminals on the bulb connector for hi/low to work. Dont remember which ones on the top of my head but it shouldnt be too hard.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Poodles;1676802 said:
Sorry to tell you, but most HID kits are complete garbage. Mine fialed after about 6 months (had one bulb break, one burn out, ballasts die, and the control box failed). You can build the same system as the control box with relays and diodes though.

This is why I'm working on making real projector based HID kits for the community.

Agreed. I've had all that, and one of the solenoids that controls the low / high beam shield fry itself.