H&R Springs for drag racing?

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
I have my H&R springs setting here and Im waiting to get new struts before I install them. Question is has anyone done any drag racing with these springs on there car? I know I need to do an alignment after and set a little positive camber in the rear.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
When lowering cars you get negative camber. As long as the tabs hold up you can adjust it to stock settings or anything you prefer.

H&r are stiffer springs and prolly eibachs would be better for drag since they are softer and give more load to the rear. But they will not drop it as much nor will they make it look as good. The eibachs completely suck for everything else other than drag.

H&rs handle wonderfully for the corners tho. Its up to you tho if you want it a straight line car or you want it a all around car.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I drag H&R and honestly like em. I am running Bilstien's for struts. They need to be rebuilt. I also had bad camber but was unable to do anything about that up until now. I just got my new camber bolts. The old ones were stuck.

But when everything was fresh and just installed I really loved that combination of springs and struts for everything. Just be sure to lower your tire pressure when you drag.

I think IJ has some really great advice on fully restoring camber after lowering in the rear. Involves modifying the lower suspension arms though.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
hvyman;1650031 said:
When lowering cars you get negative camber. As long as the tabs hold up you can adjust it to stock settings or anything you prefer.

H&r are stiffer springs and prolly eibachs would be better for drag since they are softer and give more load to the rear. But they will not drop it as much nor will they make it look as good. The eibachs completely suck for everything else other than drag.

H&rs handle wonderfully for the corners tho. Its up to you tho if you want it a straight line car or you want it a all around car.

The stiffness of a spring does not change the amount of weight transfer during longitudinal acceleration. Therefore wether the car has eibac or H&R springs if it accelerates at the same rate the weight transfer will be the same (ignoring the cg change from the different ride heights). That said you should be fine with the H&R springs, tires are more important.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Thanks for the input guys. I just need to look into the alignment specs as soon as I get these on. Its mainly going to be a track whore but I drive it occasionally.