Guv'na's Tavern

MtCastle

Hey guys I figured I should get on here and introduce myself, my name is Ben. I have worked with Pyro15D for a little more than a few years off and on, so I have to some degree followed the scene. over the last few years I have become more obsessed with these cars. I am coming over to the MK3 side from the MK2 area so have some to learn about the car. I will do my best to be as active in the community as possible. I am usually not to good with social media, but I will make an effort. I enjoy getting together for events, so this is far from the last time you will see the car.

Rich64N

Oct 28, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Ben, you are going to the Dark Side (MK III = piggy) - LOL. Knew you were getting a MK III, just didn't know it was this one. You missed the MK II "fun run" after the Centralia meet, but your distance was greater than anyone else there (where were the Canucks? Or Adam & Kit?). Or......

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
So, I sell the Supra and then the wife's 4runner starts acting up. FML. The front passenger carpet under the rubber floormat is wet. It is only on the flat part though, not the part going up towards the firewall. It also doesn't smell (or taste) like ethylene glycol, just regular water. It's either the A/C drain or the sunroof drain. Yay for having more stuff to work on. I still have to finish dual-sporting my YZ426 and get that street legal and also pay off the truck. It's always something. Oh, and Faye, thanks for sending my the torque converter TSB for my truck. I really don't want to swap out the TC but I might have to. Lots of people have had luck changing the "world class" ATF to fix it. I might try that. I will need to find a dealership who is willing to completely change out the fluid. Apparently the fluid needs to go through this special machine and damn near get blessed by the Pope to work. The stealership in Burlington said that the transmission fluid is "lifetime" fluid and never needs to be changed. My opinion of that: :bsflag:

Anyway, after that rant, how is everyone doing? Oh, thanks for the alcohol sentiments too btw. :icon_bigg

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
Well I'm putting my build on hold once-a-fucking-gain. Driver needs to be healthy so the car can have someone drive her right? No standalone for me this year I'm assuming. Also I'm trying to get rid of my FRS so if any of you want to take the lease let me know. Yay for life kicking me in the dick once again. I can never have nice things lol

Sent from my dumb phone (X_x)@==('.'@)

Bird87

Jul 25, 2009
Oregon
Well I finally paid off my doctor bills for my knee, then my mouth started hurting, turns out I might need a root canal and a few cavities filled. The best part is my insurance said " sorry we only cover basic cleaning so suck it". Sooooo my total bill is going to be over a grand.....never getting a standalone lol. I just want a damn standalone and tune for this year!

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Bird87;2005978 said:
Well I finally paid off my doctor bills for my knee, then my mouth started hurting, turns out I might need a root canal and a few cavities filled. The best part is my insurance said " sorry we only cover basic cleaning so suck it". Sooooo my total bill is going to be over a grand.....never getting a standalone lol. I just want a damn standalone and tune for this year!

Dental stuff is stupidly expensive, even with good insurance if you need more than just a cleaning, you're going to end up paying a hefty share of the bill... BUT! Teeth are pretty important I'd say, I mean you only eat with them. Plus if you're missing one or two you start looking real hillbilly real quick, which is okay so long as you don't start talking with a southern accent... and doing stupid stuff like "Hold ma beer 'n watch dis!"

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Hey now, "hold my beer and watch this" usually precedes the best entertainment, and bird, there is a low income dental clinic that a church holds up here, it's way low cost, I'll get you the info

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
That statement is only bad when it follows a "you can't" statement....

You can't make it through that mudhole in your new truck,

You can't pull his Ford out with your 87 Toyota pickup

You can't cut that tree down while he is climbing it

You can't keep up with us drifting our trucks on the logging roads

If you have ever heard these statements followed by "hold my beer and watch this" you might be from Yacolt

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Uh... Well then. I guess I'm from Yacolt.
For some reason, a little video plays in my head as I read each of those statements. And each one of them conjures up another.
The scary part is that I'm a little proud of it:) I love that place

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
Bird87;2005978 said:

Forget that bird.... I know a dude that will do it for $20 and a six pack.... lmk lol