Guv'na's Tavern

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Ah, I see. I put out a nice cloud of smoke when I first start the engine. It slowly fades away as I drive. It is embarrassing but rebuilding the head seems like so much work!

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Yeah well, there was a damn Yaris trying to climb up my ass. He was hellbent on running the Supras off the road. Wasn't going to happen on my watch;)
I'm totally fine with blaming bird's gears

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
I know it's a Toyota and all, but I can't stand the Yaris, or the Corolla, or the Camry, or pretty much anything new they have made. Toyota got out of the fun car game when they quit making the Supra. We own a 4runner and a Tundra too. They aren't really fun either. Reliable as all hell but not very interesting. They leave the fun cars to Scion and Lexus it seems. It is sad when Lexus makes a more enjoyable vehicle than Toyota. We'll see how this "new Supra" is but I'm not holding my breath. It will probably be like what the R35 was to the Skyline. Alright, end rant.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
supranewbie;1997415 said:
I don't want one or anything, but I was impressed. Guy knows how to drive if nothing else.

Yes, I was very impressed, I backed off Bird a bit because the speed he was running was right between 2nd and 3rd for me, then while I was trying to catch back up Craig was right behind me and that yaris was on his bumper

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
jdmfreak;1997369 said:
Where is the like button?? Lol

After you left, the "smoking Supras" comments made up most of the discussion on the radio :p

They're just jealous, because where there's smoke, there's POWER!!

Pyro15D;1997376 said:
Derek, is yours still smoking a ton? I thought the new turbo would have fixed that.

The new turbo fixed most of the smoke. Before the turbo, it was like smoking like Snoop Dogg at a Bob Marley Concert! (sorry I had too):nono:

It only smokes under decel and vacuum is at 25in.

Last edited:

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Oh okay. Yeah it smoked like a chimney at the Dick's drive-in meet. In other news, I put the car up on craigslist. I figure if it sells, it's money in my pocket. If it doesn't, I still get to keep a badass exclusive car.

Rich64N

Oct 28, 2007
Tacoma, WA
A Few Supras on Sunday (7 MK II, 1 MK III, 1 MR 2) starting in Sultan WA. I didn't go more than 3x over the speed limit (35) . Everett WA

Yes, everyone was invited. We just didn't make a big deal about it. Had a great time.

Pyro15D;1997413 said:
I know it's a Toyota and all, but I can't stand the Yaris, or the Corolla, or the Camry, or pretty much anything new they have made. Toyota got out of the fun car game when they quit making the Supra. We own a 4runner and a Tundra too. They aren't really fun either. Reliable as all hell but not very interesting. They leave the fun cars to Scion and Lexus it seems. It is sad when Lexus makes a more enjoyable vehicle than Toyota. We'll see how this "new Supra" is but I'm not holding my breath. It will probably be like what the R35 was to the Skyline. Alright, end rant.

Corolla xrs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Well, I just think that the Corolla had its day. That was close to 30 years ago. No matter what they do to it (aside from rotating the engine 90 degrees and making it rear wheel drive) it won't be as good as the AE86 it "replaced". Just imagine how much better that car would be if they made it rear wheel drive? It is just like when any company brings revives an old, formerly awesome car. It is never as good as the old version was. Compare the new Camaro, Challenger, or Charger to their first edition counterparts. These new ones look absolutely massive and you can tell that the company held back and didn't make a car as good as they could have. Don't even get me started on the Dodge Dart. WTF were they thinking, taking a pretty awesome pony car from the 60's and 70's and turning it into a little econobox? I guess that is better than keeping a great car and running its name into the ground, like the did with the Mustang, or worse, Carroll Shelby. Take a look at the Shelby Charger from the 80's, aka the Dodge Omni. There is a part of me that hopes that Toyota doesn't call the FT-1 the New Supra, just in case it turns out to be underwhelming. The MKIV was killed off on a high note. It was the absolute flagship Toyota. Don't bring it back unless you pull out all the stops and make it a total driver's car. It's like the Scion FRS. It is a driver's car. It is refreshing to see a company that still cares about making a car to just put a smile on the owner's face. The only bad thing about it to me is that they didn't call it a Toyota here in the US. I guess I am still living in the past though when Toyota made cars to put a smile on your face, not to satisfy smug enviromentalists.