Guv'na's Tavern

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
oof. I had the same problem with my friend who was there. 3 broken ribs and neck disc thingy or whatever and he just was stubborn as shit and wanted to leave. Didn't blame him that place is scary as shit and people are all fucked up all over the place. On pain meds, screaming, having seizures, puking, crying..... AH! First time in a hospital in over 3 years, not going back again if I can help it :(

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
To change tho topic to something much more pleasant:

I have an interview at Broadway Toyota today!!! :D So wish me luck and send positive vibes in my general direction. This is the dealership where Shay works also. Hopefully they decide that they can't live without my oil change services. :) :) :) I'll let you all know how it goes.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I was thinking in addition to the Tavern idea, what about "Tech Meets" or something, where we all meet up and go through the cars. I'm sure there are people here who are better at some things than others. For example, I'm pretty good at electrical work and building engines. We could meet up somewhere with loads of 10mm wrenches and such and work on stuff for a day.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Hahaha, well it's not that I won't pay for stuff, if I can get things for free, then that is even better. I really had no idea that I was going to get that engine back. I think the best was when Derek and Katie were right behind us in line to pay to go to Firebird Raceway. Some guy and girl drive past them and stop next to us to give us free tickets to the drag races we were paying for! I paid for Derek and Katie's tickets though. That ought to be worth some Karma points, right?

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Faye;1963946 said:
To change tho topic to something much more pleasant:

I have an interview at Broadway Toyota today!!! :D So wish me luck and send positive vibes in my general direction. This is the dealership where Shay works also. Hopefully they decide that they can't live without my oil change services. :) :) :) I'll let you all know how it goes.

Good luck Faye!

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Pyro15D;1963947 said:
I was thinking in addition to the Tavern idea, what about "Tech Meets" or something, where we all meet up and go through the cars. I'm sure there are people here who are better at some things than others. For example, I'm pretty good at electrical work and building engines. We could meet up somewhere with loads of 10mm wrenches and such and work on stuff for a day.

I could use a transmission rebuild, if you can do that with just a set of 10mm wrenches I will be amazed, impressed and will always remember your kindness! :D

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Sure. I was planning on cleaning it up and asking a pretty penny for it this winter, but it is taking up room in my garage. Just come up sometime and check it out. What is wrong with your trans? It would be really cool to have a tech session where we could rebuild and upgrade a trans.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
I have 2 transmissions sitting on my back porch right now :) :) my apartment manager keeps bugging me to get rid of them but I want to learn to rebuild them. They're VW transmissions though.

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'll let you know how it goes. It's an hour from now :)

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
They meaning the aircooled VW transaxles? I cut my teeth on cars with the old aircooled VW's. They were fun. Almost got booted out of the Navy because I built an engine in my barracks room. That engine went from 1500cc's to 2332cc's and from ~40hp to over 200hp at the crank. Fun times... Anyway, good luck with the job!

Faye;1964007 said:
I have 2 transmissions sitting on my back porch right now :) :) my apartment manager keeps bugging me to get rid of them but I want to learn to rebuild them. They're VW transmissions though.

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'll let you know how it goes. It's an hour from now :)

I know a guy that owns a transmission shop.... 35 years and he don't like touching Vw tranny

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2