Gurley's 92 Teal 2JZ Project

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
Then:

p1824234_1.jpg

and of course this would (behind the head) have a 90 that connects to the top of the tee shown in the above pics.

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
see I'd just weld the fitting on a NA pipe and use a 90* to go strait up to the core then a AN to tube fitting with a aluminum sleeve on the inside to not crush it.

His down pipe is Way closer to the block then mine.

Edit* the heater core inlet and outlet are what 5/8ths?

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
K_SHAN;1824236 said:
see I'd just weld the fitting on a NA pipe and use a 90* to go strait up to the core then a AN to tube fitting with a aluminum sleeve on the inside to not crush it.

His down pipe is Way closer to the block then mine.

Edit* the heater core inlet and outlet are what 5/8ths?

Well like I had said, I didn't want to use the GE pipe for the sake of getting water to the components on the intake side. Also, the reason I wouldn't want to just weld an AN fitting straight to the GTE pipe is- the GTE pipe actually protrudes away from the block. With my proposed setup above, you'd be able to run it closer to the block (like the GE pipe)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Rick (should I call you that? :p ), I was just throwing an idea out there, but your idea/link would probably work better in the long run. In my case, it was just an experiment that went better than expected, that Stinger stuff holds up to a LOT of heat considering its intended purpose. :)

What about the people that use heat shields to keep turbo heat away from the brake lines on the firewall? Solve two problems all at once...

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
To me it seems like alot of work for a heater system...heat is not a big priority to me being in az where I only use it 4 months of the year. If it was me I would weld a bung at the 90 by the downpipe and have it point up.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Interesting! Also whats the GE pipe look like does it not wrap around to the intake side but the ports look the same?

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Been working out of town so here is a little update. The sumped gas tank is finally done, coated and mounted. It looks pretty big but theres no turning back now. it sits 3/4 of an inch lower than the tank. It is a -10 out going to the pump. I was hoping to have the prefilter here but the company has just now shipped it. Being week and a half after I ordered it. So I couldnt pressurize the system and look for leaks. Ive also taken out the coolant pipe that goes around the motor and Im going to modify it so the heater hose isnt against the downpipe anymore. Also took my exhaust manifold off and resprayed it.

1875cc91-643a-ff54.jpg

1875cc91-6452-465b.jpg

1875cc91-6467-287e.jpg