Gurley's 92 Teal 2JZ Project

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Nope just do it by hand. You just flip it twice a year.

Whats so ugly about my setup? Its a piece of hose compared to that valve that sits on the fire wall that i see get brittle and break from 20 plus years on heat.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
gurley0916;1824053 said:
Nope just do it by hand. You just flip it twice a year.

Whats so ugly about my setup? Its a piece of hose compared to that valve that sits on the fire wall that i see get brittle and break from 20 plus years on heat.

See how much it hurts Dustin.........think about how I feel every time u say that about my car! :D:D

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Not hurt about, just if your going to say critisism please offer an alternative to what you think would be a better fix. Thats all im looking for but non has been provided...

Justin your car is ugly...but to make it bettet you could put a 1uz with ITB's in it....see how this works :p

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
gurley0916;1824070 said:
Not hurt about, just if your going to say critisism please offer an alternative to what you think would be a better fix. Thats all im looking for but non has been provided...

Justin your car is ugly...but to make it bettet you could put a 1uz with ITB's in it....see how this works :p

Did NOT mean to offend, sorry! Your car is beautiful in every aspect.. but the two piece heater hose only millimeters away from the DP I felt didn't live up to your car's beautiful standard.. so I said yuck.

I am going to be trying to find an AN style solution to this

i got a few idea floating around in my head about this due to me going back to heat / ac. just been busy with my bbk and haven’t had the time to mess with it, i do agree with it not being the best setup but can’t say much due to not even having mine working. but I’ll be back on that in a bit here and might be able to offer a solution to Dustin about it.

positive criticism :D

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
ifyouaint1sturlast;1824079 said:
Did NOT mean to offend, sorry! Your car is beautiful in every aspect.. but the two piece heater hose only millimeters away from the DP I felt didn't live up to your car's beautiful standard.. so I said yuck.

I am going to be trying to find an AN style solution to this

I'm down that road.. Not cheap, requires a custom insert so you don't crush the heater core pipe. **upgradedsupra has already done this**

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
With summer approacing im not to worried about heat. Need to spend the money on getting the car back on the road. when you guys come up with a solution let me know as about the time you guys get it done ill be ready to look at replacing it.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Crypton2006;1824160 said:
Oh I get it.......ur ugly on the inside, so go kill yourself. Lol

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk
Hey take ur signature off people dont care where you sent it from. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Dustin, I put some remaining Stinger Roadkill (Dynamat type product) on the head shield for my stock twins when I put that back on. I had initially cut the shield in half, since getting that thing in/out is a ROYAL pain in the ass. Basically used the Stinger as a "tape" of sorts. Expected it to melt, being tar-based. It's held up pretty well to the heat, you might try wrapping the hose in something like that.

Alternatively, re-make the down pipe to keep it further away from the heater hose.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
Like so:

p1824220_1.jpg

p1824220_2.jpg

Although, I was considering just welding the fitting to the flange coming off the water pump itself..

None of this is final, I haven't decided what to do yet. I don't want to run the GE pipe because I'd like to retain the oil cooler on the other side of the block.