Guaging interest for spacer needed to put MKIV JDM twins on your MKIII

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
yes, at least a modified one. I think that would be a small price to pay though, if twins is what you wanted.

THE1JZSPECIAL

Banned
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
Yea that thread is sweet, 394 whp is great! but I just dont like the fact that jdm wheels are ceramic, I've seen alot of jdm 2jzs with blown stock twins.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
They do blow, but how many people swap to another set of 1jz twins when they blow? Shit, the aristo twins are cheaper than good condition 1jz twins.

THE1JZSPECIAL

Banned
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
foreverpsycotic;1044562 said:
They do blow, but how many people swap to another set of 1jz twins when they blow? Shit, the aristo twins are cheaper than good condition 1jz twins.

a bueno , I haven't expierenced blown twins yet ive had them for 6 months ,the car is grounded right now I got a fuel problem. What exactly happens when the turbos blow?(stock twins) do pieces come off it ?

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
if your going to do this you might as well come up with a ct12 braided steel kit so that you can mount the twins on easily, those stock oil lines are the worst part about swapping the twins, they get in the way of everything and are a giant pain in the ass to line up properly, especially in the car, im cool with the spacer idea, but fucking make me some braided steel lines so i can do the twins in an hour and a half not all day fucking with the oil lines.

THE1JZSPECIAL

Banned
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
NecroCyde;1044612 said:
if your going to do this you might as well come up with a ct12 braided steel kit so that you can mount the twins on easily, those stock oil lines are the worst part about swapping the twins, they get in the way of everything and are a giant pain in the ass to line up properly, especially in the car, im cool with the spacer idea, but fucking make me some braided steel lines so i can do the twins in an hour and a half not all day fucking with the oil lines.

Your fucking right man, has to be done right

Attachments

• soop.jpg
    soop.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 8

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
MDC motorsports offers a kit that allows you to use AN lines with both 1JZ and 2JZ twins.

Copied from MDC's site....

Install the Ct12A or Ct12B with ease!

1JZ & 2JZ SOFT LINE KIT $215

-2 CT26 COMBO FEED FLANGES

-2 METRIC TO DASH 4 FEED FITTINGS

-3 FEET DASH 4 FEED LINE

-3 FEET DASH 10 RETURN LINE

-2 DASH 10 STRAIGHT ALUMINUM FITTINGS

-2 DASH 10, 45 DEG ALUMINUM FITTINGS

-ALUMINUM OIL RETURN MANIFOLD WITH DASH 10 FITTINGS (must provide stock core for welding)

I tossed around getting it, but also have everything I need now to go single, so I'm going to go that route for now. I have plans to do another 1JZ swap into something other than a Supra, so the twins will be used on that setup.