• HKS Super Dragger

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
I have the HKS super dragger, its nice.. and quiet, but I was thinkin about gettin something a little... sportier :naughty: Ive been searching around about the RSR GTII, ive read it has the straightes bends, and it's the most free flowing, also one of the loudest. im not really looking for the loudest, just something with a little more than the super dragger. plus i like the look of the bend on the RSR. why does the hks cost more, because it has a built in resonator?

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
It costs more because HKS says so. I personally love the look of the RSR compared to the HKS, it's much more modern looking. It is loud, not gonna lie, but I like the sound.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
RSR FTL, way too loud IMO. Quiet FTW, cops don't notice you as much.

The best exhaust will always be custom IMO, that way you get what you want, and the ground clearance you want.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
rsr, its not that loud, you can make it quiet. ive ridden in a 1jz rsr, and i have an rsr in my 7m. id never go to ANY other exhaust.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
RSR is loud.

I've been playing w/ different mufflers and tube bend configurations, and mandrel bent with a good quality muffler like the HKS etc, will get you a nice sound without being to loud.

Believe it or not a flowmaster with a resonater is a pretty good combo that's very free flowing and makes a pretty nice sound on the cheap.

The most important thing IMHO is a resonater, otherwise you'll get that horrible low rpm resonance droan. Unbearable!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You would be getting a smaller exhaust if you stepped down to an RSR GTII

The Dragger is 3.3" and the RSR is 3"

The Dragger is so expensive because you are buying the HKS name.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
starscream5000 said:
You would be getting a smaller exhaust if you stepped down to an RSR GTII

The Dragger is 3.3" and the RSR is 3"

The Dragger is so expensive because you are buying the HKS name.

IIRC, the rsr has 85mm piping, and it looks a lot bigger than my 80mm custom job.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
hks ftw! if you dd the car or drive it for any distance the hks is the way to go. if you want louder just cut out the resonator, should help things alot

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
foreverpsycotic said:
IIRC, the rsr has 85mm piping, and it looks a lot bigger than my 80mm custom job.

the dragger has larger piping from the resonator to the muffler, however, coming off the catalytic converter, i believe the pipe is only 3" (from a flow standpoint, it is insignificant however)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Cutting out the resonator would be the way to go IMO if you wanted the exhaust to be louder. Why spend more for an exhaust when you've already got an expensive one in the first place?