GTEpower.com/GTE powered engines with 500+ RWHP site coming soon/sort of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
MKIIINA said:
Duane I have both the originals and the updated ones. The original ones (grey background that were originally uploaded) are my intellectual property and I can repost them. I will not rehost the white ones as I didn't create them and this have no claim to them. I wish this would have taken off more but the constant changes and mounting phone bills (which I absorbed without help) forced things to be backburnered.

7MPower had a nice, clean, easy to update site which is what I was trying to accomplish with GTEPower that if need be other people could stelp up and update later on as needed. It was always going to be a work in progress (much like our cars) where things were constantly going to be tweaked.

You can post what you have but not under GTE Power since it is my domain/site idea

Thank you

Duane

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Larry_A said:
Hello Duane,
Keep the 500rwhp entry requirement, but change the name of the site to "MYSUPRAKEEPSBREAKINGANDITSINTHEGARAGE.COM," LOL. Whatever you do, don't require that they actually function as cars, since most don't; and if they do, not for very long!

Enjoy your lonely site, but at least you'll have your dyno sheets to keep you company.

it isnt the power level, its the way several people go about getting there. ive seen several higher hp cars, that while they are high hp, a lot of corners were cut getting there. at that power level, a short cut bites you in the ass quick.

but on the flipside, ive seen them built well and actually on the road more than on jack stands.

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
Reign_Maker said:
I don't see what is so wrong with pushing the envelope... I hear so many people cry about the way MKIVs get so much attention, but when asked to step up thier MKIII, :dunno: 400hp IS easy to make... 500 is a little harder...
If 400 [7M] rwhp is so easy to make [& keep], show us the multitudes that have done so. You can't, because they haven't. Stepping up [a MkIII] has little to do with power output & you guys can't seem to get that through your testosterone-laced skulls. Stepping up means doing everything right, not meeting some arbitrary numeric requirement. As far as MkIV attention goes, who the fu<# cares? I don't see anyone crying about it. And please explain to us why MkIII recognition is so important...to get respect from other car guys? If so, then power output isn't the issue, your own self-esteem is.

But like I said before, if that kind of thing floats your boat, have fun with your underpowered site. It will be loaded with MkIVs versus a tiny contingent of MkIIIs, making the MkIII look weak, just like it's always been. Without realizing it, you guys are re-establishing the status quo.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Larry_A said:
If 400 [7M] rwhp is so easy to make [& keep], show us the multitudes that have done so. You can't, because they haven't. Stepping up [a MkIII] has little to do with power output & you guys can't seem to get that through your testosterone-laced skulls. Stepping up means doing everything right, not meeting some arbitrary numeric requirement. As far as MkIV attention goes, who the fu<# cares? I don't see anyone crying about it. And please explain to us why MkIII recognition is so important...to get respect from other car guys? If so, then power output isn't the issue, your own self-esteem is.

But like I said before, if that kind of thing floats your boat, have fun with your underpowered site. It will be loaded with MkIVs versus a tiny contingent of MkIIIs, making the MkIII look weak, just like it's always been. Without realizing it, you guys are re-establishing the status quo.

Be quiet Larry :biglaugh:

I will call you later.

Duane

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
400 can be done on LexAFM and an upgraded CT-26.

500 requires actually opening the engine up. Aftermarket turbo and fuel system. It wouldn't be much of a site if there were 20 people running 550's and SAFC at 420whp.

My vote's at 500. This is the level were people really are sticking out from the rest in the crowd and everyone has different applications. Alot more interesting.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wow, interesting read, this last few pages... Seems like some of you blokes have hp-envy ;)

Can't wait to see what happens, i'll be keeping my eye out for this site, whatever the hp level chosen, it seems like it will be a fantastic site, and one i would quickly add to my favourites :)

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
MassSupra89 said:
400 can be done on LexAFM and an upgraded CT-26.

500 requires actually opening the engine up. Aftermarket turbo and fuel system. It wouldn't be much of a site if there were 20 people running 550's and SAFC at 420whp.

My vote's at 500. This is the level were people really are sticking out from the rest in the crowd and everyone has different applications. Alot more interesting.
Flawed logic.

How about a torque curve that stays flat from 2800 rpms to redline? That's much more difficult than making a big HP #. Ask anyone.

Apply that torque curve to a car with a 450rwhp goal using MHG, forged pistons/rods, all avail ARP fasteners, standalone running speed-density, 600+hp capable dual-ceramic BB turbo, GT-II 50mm WG, built-in on-board computer w/15" LCD, tons of other custom work, & tons of work to the susp, body, & interior, etc....yet it won't make the cut.

Anyone that would deny admission to the car described above has got their head up their ass.

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
LilMissMkIII said:
Wow, interesting read, this last few pages... Seems like some of you blokes have hp-envy ;)

Can't wait to see what happens, i'll be keeping my eye out for this site, whatever the hp level chosen, it seems like it will be a fantastic site, and one i would quickly add to my favourites :)
Au contraire.
Just like a big HP # on the dyno, big dicks are way overrated... and they take too long to get hard.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Agreed, is a car better if it makes 500whp but only is a drag car? How bout a DD 400whp car with working a/c? How bout a 600whp track car? what one is the best? How bout a 700whp dyno queen that only makes 400-500 on pump on any given day? think bout that and then decide what a hp goal should be.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Larry_A said:
Au contraire.
Just like a big HP # on the dyno, big dicks are way overrated... and they take too long to get hard.

Just posting my opinion of the situation... Not directing my comments at anyone.

However, i will now make a general statement directed at all you who have entered the "I'm-a-man-yet-i-feel-the-need-to-bitch-about-hp" competition going on...

As i see it, a forum member wants to set up a site, and I am assuming it will be paid for by him. If he wants criteria, then he should bloody well have it.

If you have a problem with what he wants to do, how about you do something about it, and spend the many many hours (+ some dollars) it would take to get something like this off the ground...

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
upgradedsupra said:
Be quite Larry :biglaugh:

I will call you later.

Duane
Ha! LOL.
You can always count on me to stir the pot! I tried calling Mike for you, but no answer & I couldn't leave a message. I sent him an e_Mail & I copied you at your CFX address.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
LilMissMkIII said:
Just posting my opinion of the situation... Not directing my comments at anyone.

However, i will now make a general statement directed at all you who have entered the "I'm-a-man-yet-i-feel-the-need-to-bitch-about-hp" competition going on...

As i see it, a forum member wants to set up a site, and I am assuming it will be paid for by him. If he wants criteria, then he should bloody well have it.

If you have a problem with what he wants to do, how about you do something about it, and spend the many many hours (+ some dollars) it would take to get something like this off the ground...

Well said Missy. This GTE Power site has been my idea for quite some time and I have certain criteria I want to add and the rules are what I set. If they don't like them, then I can't do much about that because I can't make everyone happy.

Please keep the hp you think should be good out of the thread please.

To make it clear so no need to post it again

The HP requirement for this site is > 500RWHP (end of story:))

IJ. said:
I'm keeping an eye on this thread in the hope that it'll remain civil and NOT have to be locked.....

It won't need to be because I won't let it get out of hand. Yes..keep an eye out bud.

Larry > Mine doesn't take that long to get hard BTW.

Duane

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
LilMissMkIII said:
.....As i see it, a forum member wants to set up a site, and I am assuming it will be paid for by him. If he wants criteria, then he should bloody well have it.

Hello Lil Miss,
This thread started 1 June 2006. Criteria? LOL. HP has never been the real issue.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Too bad IJ will never finish his car.............He would probably meet the requirements..............;)

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
upgradedsupra said:
Well said Missy. This GTE Power site has been my idea for quite some time and I have certain criteria I want to add and the rules are what I set. If they don't like them, then I can't do much about that because I can't make everyone happy.

Please keep the hp you think should be good out of the thread please.

To make it clear so no need to post it again

The HP requirement for this site is > 500RWHP (end of story:))

It won't need to be because I won't let it get out of hand. Yes..keep an eye out bud.

Larry > Mine doesn't take that long to get hard BTW.

Duane
Hello Duane,
I will purposely not provide the dyno sheet for my new turbo [672HP, proven on engine dyno] because the site criteria sucks. The top HP guys are the least well-rounded people I know. Lots of junkers with tons of power, no thnx.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I know you said not to bring power into this thread anymore, but I felt that I wouldn't be hurting anyones feelings with this post:

Why not have the front page be all 500+ and then an "honorable mention" section or something for the 400+ members. That way the people that really dig into their cars get the attention they deserve, and the moderate upgraders still get some time in the spotlight.

Just an idea... Either way I should be a part of it ;)

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.