GT42 build done and running.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Well I finally got it done and up and running. I have been working on a fuel map for the last couple of evenings and hope to have it out on the road soon. We still have to build the hood but I don't have to run a hood on it for now anyways so I hope to have it on the dyno soon.

New setup is:
AEM
HKS DLI
1000 cc Precision injectors
GT4202 or 74.3 mm inducer and a 102 mm major with a 1.01 a/r with an s trim wheel
custom header
Tial 44 mm wastegate with a 15 psi spring
4 inch exhaust
3 inch aluminum IC pipe from turbo to IC

I pulled the factory wiring harness out and single out all the wires not being used anymore such as AFM,ISC,CSI,both VSV's,temp switches for A/C,O2,HAC and idle validation circuit. There were a few other things but you get the general idea and it is so much cleaner under the hood and I was able to really solder everything up good where I had piggybacks spliced in. Let me know what you think.
Sean

p474212_1.jpg

p474212_2.jpg

p474212_3.jpg

p474212_4.jpg

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
BoostedFloto said:
still on stock internals sir?

awesome work

Yeah, I'm going to see what I can do with that stock internal record. I think it is around 822 rwhp or such.

And yes, I angled the turbo like that for a reason. The hood will have an MVP type scoop in it. In case anyone was wondering.

Sean

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
damn i thought the 7m's internals were good for like 500-600hp i read. wow it's great that someone stepped up and hit 822 and your trying to beat that. i wish u good luck bro. keep us updated.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It looks great, and really clean. I can't wait for the videos. I don't see the need for 823 hp, but more power to you if you want it. I hope you do it without hurting your engine though...................lol

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
suprahero said:
It looks great, and really clean. I can't wait for the videos. I don't see the need for 823 hp, but more power to you if you want it. I hope you do it without hurting your engine though...................lol

I don't know if there is a need for 823 rwhp, but I figure if 640 rw was fun then more has got to be better. As far as the engine goes I have one to put built internals in.

Pulaski is alittle northeast of where I81 and I77 cross in the southwest of Va.

Sean

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Steve_N said:
That is down right sick! Great work Sean. Would love to see your custom mani but there is a Big Arse turbo blocking the view :naughty:

Thanks. There are pictures on this forum somewhere of where I modded and customized the manifold off of a 2jz to work.
Sean

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
When that thing spools up it will sound like a bus! But who cares... it will go fast :biglaugh:

Nice setup, good luck with not ruining your stock internals - I have faith in you using the stock stuff though. Have a blast with it once its all said and done.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
From small minds come small wonders.

j/k freakin awesome set up. try not to blow it up. I am still tuning my aem. it seems it will be a continuous endeavor. how difficult was it to squeeze in that dp? is it 4 inch to the end?

i would like to know what boost levels you intend on pump and race gas. If you would please send me a copy of your timing table on the aem map as i would like to compare with mine. I am running the sp61gt which is just a little bit smaller. well a lot smaller.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Halsupramk3 said:
From small minds come small wonders.

j/k freakin awesome set up. try not to blow it up. I am still tuning my aem. it seems it will be a continuous endeavor. how difficult was it to squeeze in that dp? is it 4 inch to the end?

i would like to know what boost levels you intend on pump and race gas. If you would please send me a copy of your timing table on the aem map as i would like to compare with mine. I am running the sp61gt which is just a little bit smaller. well a lot smaller.

If you send me an email at supraman500hp@gmail.com I will send you a file I have been referencing off of. I had built a 3 inch to 4 inch transistion pipe for my SP67 on my HKS long runner manifold so there was plenty of room. I cut that off and rebuilt from about the firewall heat shield for the brake lines up to the turbo. It is 4 inch to the tailpipe which is 4.5", but I have three systems I built. One for inspection, one for pissing off the local establishment and one for racing.

Sean

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
bigaaron said:
Couldn't you fit a little bigger turbo on it? LOL
Looks good!

I'm not sure I really fit this one on there? LOL I eventually will end up with either a GT42-80 or a GT45-80.

Sean

Silvermk2

MkII Weenie
Apr 4, 2005
Stockton, CA
That thing is fricking huge. I'd be careful with the heater hose that close to the down pipe though. I had all kinds of problems with mine and it was a lot further away.

s turbo 87

Accepting Donations
Apr 5, 2005
Louisville, KY
Sean, that turbo is tiny..come on man, step it up a few notches! haha
Looks awesome, cant wait till you lay down some major numbers and get that stock engine record!