group b supra rally footage?

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
I've seen a pic of the africa rally, is there any way I can get it from you? I'll be your best friend, play with you everyday.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Sorry it took so long, had to go get my brother.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-501580035308452038

I've got a bunch of pics as well I'll upload.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
bad ass! thanks man, if you've got more and don't mind post 'em up, where the hell did you get this anyways? gawd I want those wheels... and the bar, and the lights... they can keep the ge tho.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
CryoSlash said:
[IMhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Loki89t/wNjA0NTAwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE3D.jpg[/img]
lolololololololol

i truly laughed out loud that your responce...thats friggin sweet.

i'm lovin this thread....we got any more stuff? i'd love to see it. how did the supra do, compared to other cars?

the video with the mk2 is f'ing SICK! those cars rip!! the quattro that woman drove was pretty beastie...

what kind of HP is that class putting out? i never really get to see videos of racing like this so i dont really know what kinds of HP can accomplish what....or how these cars really go.. its pretty amazing....

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i know some were, i just watched a movie that stated that fact. so yes.

and yeah i laughed at the sawblades....i guess they'd probably be a lot cheaper than mkIV rims and i suppose they might protect the brakes a bit more. dunno.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I do'nt actually think the supras were group B cars. Group B was mostly AWD super cars and was banned in 1986.

If anyones interested I highly suggest watching "Too fast to race". The cars they raced back in the day were simply amazing. I wish group B would've stayed around longer so the Porsche 959 and Ford RS200 could've participated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYhiJeRPgdw

Side notes: Rally cars now and days are limited to 300-350 HP, the group B Audi Quattro was making 550-650 depending on the setup they used for the course. The Ford RS200 Evolution model had a supposed 0-60 of 2.9 seconds. I think someone tested and got a 2.8 second 0-60.

foreverpsycotic said:
werent the rally supras also NAs?

Two turbos and one NA.

Figit090 said:
i'm lovin this thread....we got any more stuff? i'd love to see it. how did the supra do, compared to other cars?

I think it was mostly a bunch of 3rd place finishes or worse nothing to great, I do recall a first place but I dont remember the course, I think it was the East African Safari race which is now the KCB race.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
ahh, yeah its too bad the supra didn't do better, it would be cool to own a car that was a good rally contender... but i guess even 3rd place is pretty good, depending on who the competitors are. speaking of that...who WAS up against the supra in those races? or rather, what type of car?

i'm guessing its RWD against RWD...and AWD against AWD and so on...right? how well did the supra do in road racing?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Figit090 said:
ahh, yeah its too bad the supra didn't do better, it would be cool to own a car that was a good rally contender... but i guess even 3rd place is pretty good, depending on who the competitors are. speaking of that...who WAS up against the supra in those races? or rather, what type of car?

i'm guessing its RWD against RWD...and AWD against AWD and so on...right? how well did the supra do in road racing?

In the video I posted it was a Nissan 200SX and a VW GTI. I dont know much about the GTI used for competition but I'm assuming it was FWD.