ground point E

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
I found that my ground wire E was cut/torn and I can't find the other half. Anyone know where it connects to? Eg harness, or point on the fuse/relay panel? The wire is cut roughly 3 inches from where it's ground on the body.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Then put a terminal on it and re-ground it to the body.
Unless I don't understand the question... which is a more than likely option...

:edit: What color is the wire?

Also, I don't know if this will help, like at all... but here's to trying.
FI_031.gif

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
sorry, i wasn't very clear. It is already ground to the body, I can't find the rest of the wire that came off the harness (that's where i assume it comes from). it's a black wire, 12g?.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
If you're simply re-grounding it to the body, then you can use 12awg easy. I would say 14-16 though, since the factory harness uses almost 20awg wiring throughout, save for a few larger wires...

You can't hurt it by using bigger wire. It's only a ground.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
Yes that's the one. The wire is in two pieces, I found the end that's ground to the body, I can't find where it comes off the harness. It's a real f#kin mess in there from some hackjob's work before (GrimJack, I don't want to hear about it)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
soup said:
Yes that's the one. The wire is in two pieces, I found the end that's ground to the body, I can't find where it comes off the harness. It's a real f#kin mess in there from some hackjob's work before (GrimJack, I don't want to hear about it)
LOL! I'll stay quiet. :D

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
GrimJack said:
LOL! I'll stay quiet. :D
Why? What happened? lol

Just look around for the same color wire as the shorty that's cut. any loose wire is the one. There are no wires that simply terminate. It should be fairly easy to find...

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
heh, i'll post up a picture of the speghetti junchion lol. Just hoping someone would know which number branch of the harness it goes to.

isnms, thanks for those links. This ground is simply a terminal bolted to the body, those look like the connectors are grounded themselves. BS wiring :rant: .