Greetings from Austin, TX

Ray Renteria

Nov 27, 2011
Cedar Park, TX
Hey all! Just thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself and give you my Supra story. I'm the proud owner of a 1987 Supra Turbo. My first was an '88 and it was the first car I paid for with my own earnings! My "new" 1987 MKIII came to me about 20 years later. I found it on eBay so if anybody wants to hear about my buying experience let me know. It's nerve-racking!

My '87 only has 90K miles on it and everything is stock. For now I just plan on giving it basic maintenance, replace hardened hoses, boost leaks, and basic belt/gasket maintenance. After that, who knows!

mkiii_supra_turbo_1987.jpg - supra_2.jpg - supra_3.jpg - supra_front.jpg - supra_6.jpg

Last edited:

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Vrank!!!;1792034 said:
Meets Saturday night at fryes about 1030. I'm north Austin, 4 door gte supra

wait..... there are meets every week here??? and I am just now hearing about this???? -_-

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
bummer... I would come, but I spend most of my free time working on my current rebuild... I'm hoping to have the Supra ready for tx2k12. Speaking of which... anybody wanna caravan to tx2k12?

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
No excuse, lithium. Get a jz and you'll have more time to enjoy your car.

Ray, see you there, I'm the silver/white Cressida, prob be parked with The sc's.

Ray Renteria

Nov 27, 2011
Cedar Park, TX
Vrank!!!;1792777 said:
No excuse, lithium. Get a jz and you'll have more time to enjoy your car.

Ray, see you there, I'm the silver/white Cressida, prob be parked with The sc's.

Hey Vrank! I was there last Saturday. I was there when the lights were turned off and hung around a bit longer. Unfortunately, I hadn't finished with my Supra so I just went to look at the cars. 99% of the people there were half my age! LOL! I didn't see any other Supras so I'm definitely looking forward to going out there with my car next time.

There's a guy in my neighborhood with a nice MKII--I've never actually met him but this'd be a good opportunity to meet a neighbor. I might suggest he go out, too. He's probably old, like me so he won't be out long. We'll take our coffee. :)

--Ray

Ray Renteria

Nov 27, 2011
Cedar Park, TX
lithium14;1792117 said:
bummer... I would come, but I spend most of my free time working on my current rebuild... I'm hoping to have the Supra ready for tx2k12. Speaking of which... anybody wanna caravan to tx2k12?

I've not seen much about tx2k12 on the forums.. where can I find out about it? Want some help with your Supra? I'd be happy to lend a couple of hours.. and some beer. Let me know!

--Ray

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Most of the TX2K info is on Supraforums: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?140-TX2K12-Supra-Nationals-by-MVP

I plan on joining up with the Dallas crew from Texassupras.com wednesday night and going from there. (While you're at it, join Texassupras.com!! =D) Thanks for the offer!! Nothing is really going on now, still waiting on parts to come in so I can drive the engine up to Dallas to get rebuilt by a buddy. In the meantime I'll just be prepping for the new engine during my free time since school starts tomorrow.

And why am I bad news??? o_O

Ray Renteria

Nov 27, 2011
Cedar Park, TX
Turbo Habanero;1791735 said:
Looks clean any pics of the engine

Hey TH.. I added a few more pics including one more of the engine. I just replaced the accordion hose and fixed a few boost leaks. Everything in there is stock. I need to change the timing belt, put a new head gasket, and tighten the head to better-than-stock specs but otherwise everything's stock.

--Ray

jdm-rhd

Jan 19, 2012
orbiting caprica
hello from another new tx member. congrats on the ride.

i know how nerve racking it is to buy a car off ebay...ive bought 2 now including my mkiv which was out of the country.