Greetings fellow Supra owners (56K Warning)

Sam

Jan 31, 2008
Saskatchewan
Hello, I'm Sam.

I have learned an amazing amount of information on this forum just lurking around for 22 days. I received a warning that I would be banned if I did not post soon, so here I am.

My fascination with Supras started back when I was around 13 or 14 years old, I first layed eyes on a black 1984 Celica Supra. It was the most beautiful vehicle I have ever seen. Several years later I acquired my very own Celica Supra. I was a wonderful car, not particularly powerful, but definitely a great car to cruise around in. Handled very well too. I did the usual upgrades any 18 year old with little to no mechanical knowledge would do....installed cone filter and purchased a muffler designed for a muscle car (Dynomax Ultraflo) and tossed out the catalytic converter. Sounded like a million bucks at least.

1010159sx5.jpg

samscar016dn4.jpg

I sold this car and decided to find a turbo charged Supra. This is what I came across. Fresh out of Japan.

1000394sg2.jpg

1000397cw1.jpg

1000398fd7.jpg

1000396ts6.jpg

0000084xw1.jpg

0000083tz7.jpg

A 1991 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo R with 50,000 kilometers on it. Almost everything is stock except for the fancy looking Apexi cone filter with a bit of pipe and an even fancier radiator. For some reason the previous owner must have thought getting a larger intercooler was less important than a larger rad...oh well, can't complain. I won't be overheating any time soon. It also features a full 3 inch exhaust with the biggest fart can I've ever seen.

I'm not a particularly huge fan of the large "fart can," if you will, style muffler. I prefer mufflers that at least look like mufflers even if they do very little muffling. At least with the Dynomax, it didn't drone so much. Especially on the highway. I would slap one on this car, but I can't afford it at this point.

Future plans for this car include:

-Fix heater in cabin (blows air, but doesn't get hot. Researched fix awhile back)
-Install block heater (assume 2JZ will fit in frost plug)
-Install Fuel cut defender (Own one already. Car hits fuel cut without boost controller. Not good since now I have a boost controller installed)
-Install horn out of a 1981 Chevrolet Impala. (It's going to be awesome)
-Install ClutchMaster FX-400 clutch (already own)

Unfortunately, right now the car is parked for the winter. So I have to wait until spring to complete my plans. And yes, this car is going to turn into my daily driver during the next winter, hence the fixing of the heating issues.

My apologies for the long post. I have a lot to say. To be perfectly honest, this was the condensed version.

I look forward to meeting you all

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Wow. That's nice. Welcome to SM. I am the coolest mod your going to meet here. So if you need anything, of have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sam

Jan 31, 2008
Saskatchewan
rtrdpenguin;931750 said:
I REALLY like that front lip! Any idea who makes it?

Not a clue. There are no markings to indicate brand.

Dunckel;931755 said:
Wow. That's nice. Welcome to SM. I am the coolest mod your going to meet here. So if you need anything, of have any questions, feel free to ask.

Haha, alright then

And don't worry, I've read (most) of your very well written disclaimer. Whoever wrote that must be a comedian or something. It was informative and funny!

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Out of all gens, I love the mk3 the best, yes, better than the 4th gen. But OMG, that MKII is fucking HOT! Period.

Edit: I do love the mkiii too, The reccaro interior and clean interior and exterior. Pretty much stock and good body, damn! :)