Greddy/Trust intercooler questions

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Hey, I just scored a used Greddy (or Trust, I don't know the difference) intercooler kit for a really good price a few days ago. The thing is, I have no idea about this kit at all. I have no documentation on it or anything. I tried google and everything. No one has a manual for it or anything. The part number is 12010011. From what I have found on the websites, it uses the 16R core. The intercooler itself is a heavy piece. Anyway, I'm running a 60-1 turbo, 560cc injectors, 3 inch exhaust, etc. How capable is this intercooler setup? Oh, there are labels on the pipes. I assume that the arrow is the direction of airflow and the sequence of pipes goes I-1, I-2, I-3, etc, right? Also, does anyone know how good these kits were and how old they are? Is anybody running one?

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
I think the kit has been around for a long time. I don't know exact details but it should be on par with the HKS kit and others of its day. I think it will work fine for your uses and will be better than the cheapo ones ou get off Ebay. As long is there is no damage or leaks I think you should be fine. I have a Greddy 1jz intercooler on my car and what came in the box was not much of a manual(plus it was in Japanese in my case). It just showed piping routing and mounting. The arrows do go in direction of flow and should be pretty straight forward to know which pipe goes where.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Pyro15D;1933915 said:
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the routing? I want to make sure I don't screw this up or make it harder than it needs to be.

if you screw up it won't fit. their should be a crossover pipe thats where I would start.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Well, I'm pretty stoked. I got it installed and it seems to pressure check fine. I figure while I have the bumper off, I'll figure something to do with the oil cooler. Where have you guys mounted it?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I'm using my factory oil cooler as a power steering cooler (N/A-GTE swap), and I have it mounted to where the drivers side horn mounts. This is with the driftmotion FMIC

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I bolted it up from the back of the horn mount, like so.

Ran a bolt through the cooler into where the horn mounts. A bolt long enough so you still have enough threads to put the horn over and put a nut on the front side.

Looks factory.