GReddy or Cusco STB?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Thats the question. I have one of both. Which should I use? I've had the GReddy on the car for years, but I just picked up a part car that has a Cusco bar on it and with Cusco being the sick JDM shyte I thought about puttin it on, but honestly I dont like the Cusco bar. The contruction and tubular piping on it look like cheap crap though and I dont believe it performs better than the greddy.
The only plus side of the Cusco would be since its cheap tubular piping I could weld on the additions to make it a CP 4 point replica creating a CP/Cusco hybrid :naughty:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
These placebo bars don't do anything for Duel A Arm cars. (except add weight)

If you want to add bracing that does anything. Look into Group A Supras, and a few heavy modded MK4's. They all have bracing in the same spots.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Werd. it came with the GReddy when I bought it, but the 4 point is really what I've wanted to do.
I agree, the bracing from the shock tower to the firewall is the way to go. Think I'll modify the Cusco to be a 4 point mounted to the firewall

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Group A supras also have the most restrictive intercooler piping in the world with 90degree bends galore.

I'm not talking about stiffening up the front end in terms as though we had MacPherson strut setups, that would be quite handy in that case. But you still have an upright shock tower, when you put big lateral loads on your shocks that mount to the lower control arm it could want to push one side up and one side down. Think of it doing what a sway bar does on the bottom, but up top. So it WILL do something, albeit miniscule.
But in reality, do you ever really "Feel" a difference when you put a strut tower bar on ANYTHING? Cuz I sure dont and I've put a lot of STBs on a lot of different cars. I guess if I cant feel anything no body should ever run STBs hmmm?