Got the Supra cranked!

primercrx

Apr 19, 2009
Lexington, South Carolina
Well ladies and gentlemen....I got my first start off my Supra today :D. I was so excited when it came to life. It startled me at first b/c I wasn't expecting it, lol....but when it did...it was music to my ears :D!!! I tested my injectors and they were all pulsing and met tsrm spec on resistance readings. Reset mechanical timing to tdc and set the cps and she fired right up! I'm excited. I've got some things to button up on it, but at least it runs now!!!

primercrx

Apr 19, 2009
kotu100;1377801 said:
congratz, that sound really is the BEST.

Yea...especially when you've been working on something for a while and then you can finally hear it crank up and run. It truly is great, lol. I can't wait to get it finished so I can stop driving my CR-X for a while and drive my Supra :D.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
RiyadYar;1377800 said:
congrats i hope my crank goes so smoothly

It should if you make sure to have everything set properly.

primercrx (forgot your real name...), good job on getting it up and running on the first shot!

Last edited:

primercrx

Apr 19, 2009
Moy;1377884 said:
It should if you make sure to have everything set properly.

igotcrx (forgot your real name...), good job on getting it up and running on the first shot!

Thanks...it wasn't my first attempt at starting it though lol. I had several failed attempts haha. Bad fuel pump, then massive fuel leak, then timing haha. Got it cranked, then had a massive oil leak...got that fixed though, thankfully it wasn't nothing but the camshaft seals :D.

Zelfear

Helping everyone else
Jan 21, 2009
SC
primercrx;1377894 said:
thankfully it wasn't nothing but the camshaft seals :D.

You mean camshaft gaps. lol. Seeing as how there weren't any.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
primercrx;1377873 said:
Yea...especially when you've been working on something for a while and then you can finally hear it crank up and run. It truly is great, lol. I can't wait to get it finished so I can stop driving my CR-X for a while and drive my Supra :D.

i hear ya, took me 7 months to get mine started from when it 1st cranked... damn cam gear pins lol

primercrx

Apr 19, 2009
A little bit of an update. The only really major thing left to do is mount my FMIC and install the piping. Then it's off to the time consuming little stuff :(. I'm just really anxious to get it done so I can drive my Poopra, lol.