7mLove

Addict
Nov 11, 2009
Barksdale AFB, Louisiana United States
heres some pictures for you guys its real nice

p1456764_1.jpg

p1456764_2.jpg

p1456764_3.jpg

also...i belive i have some compressor surge...i havent driven it much but when i rev it up and build a little boost it flutters and sounds like compressor surge. could my recirc valve be shot?

also i think i have a vlave tap...how hard is it to lash the valves down in this beast

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
This is my boys new car the interior is in great shape

The side skirts are kaminari and if i remember correctly he told me its at 8 psi

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
It is stock I told him he will have to test it when I looked at it today and if its dead to just upgrade to the Bosch 110 bpv

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Nice find. The 'valve tap' is pretty normal for 7Ms. On really cold days it will sound like a sewing machine until it warms up. It is possible to adjust most of it out but there will always end up being some tick even if it's just a bit on cold mornings.

SupraJDS;1456813 said:
It is stock I told him he will have to test it when I looked at it today and if its dead to just upgrade to the Bosch 110 bpv

Everyone and their brother has the bosch. Tell him to be different and go Forge Motorsports.

Sure it costs a little more (~$150) but it's:
a> Shinier - nothing beats a giant piece of polished metal in an engine bay
b> Upgradeable - comes with the springs for when the boost goes up
3> Not the same thing every other supra owner has

;)

Attachments

• Forge.png
    Forge.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 32

7mLove

Addict
Nov 11, 2009
Barksdale AFB, Louisiana United States
i took it out again today and its at 8 when the boost controller is set on low and 10psi on high. (it has an hks boost controller) thanks for all the great compliments its a great car but the valve tap continues even when warmed up.

and the sideskirts are kaminari and they came with the car stock

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
to be truthful, if you want a bpv/bov the sheepdog prof can be recirculated. Its a nice piece, i got one and you usually don't see to many people with them.

Just a thought. I'll get a couple pictures of one

d4934b.jpg

Last edited:

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
7mLove;1457122 said:
... thanks for all the great compliments its a great car but the valve tap continues even when warmed up.

I would do an oil change and see how it goes (not going to say what kind of oil but there are numerous threads). Then if it still taps either adjust them yourself or take them somewhere respectable. In the 7M it's not so much an adjustment as it is swapping shims so you'll need a feeler gauge and a micrometer as well as an assortment of shims.

carter;1457133 said:
to be truthful, if you want a bpv/bov the sheepdog prof can be recirculated. Its a nice piece, i got one and you usually don't see to many people with them.

Just a thought. I'll get a couple pictures of one

That is nice. Either way would look good. I leaned towards Forge because their US operations are based in Orlando (closer to home).

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
mkiii222;1457651 said:
I would do an oil change and see how it goes (not going to say what kind of oil but there are numerous threads). Then if it still taps either adjust them yourself or take them somewhere respectable. In the 7M it's not so much an adjustment as it is swapping shims so you'll need a feeler gauge and a micrometer as well as an assortment of shims.

That is nice. Either way would look good. I leaned towards Forge because their US operations are based in Orlando (closer to home).

Got yea, idk.... its just a cool bov that can be recirculated and not alot of people have them. That and mostly i hear them being used on skylines and sr's, there not really loud driving but sound good when at wot.

I wish i had some videos because to me, it sounds like a goblin lol either way i'll get some video's up one day lol