got no heat....

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
again sorry if this is in the wrong section.....but anyway i have absoultly no heat in the car i have changed the heater core(pain), the blower motor is getting power, changed the climate control, and the blower motor transistor and im lost what else can i do or check to get this working properly its getting cold now and it kinda sucks having to wear my jacket in the car and have to have the windows open when it rains cause i have no defogging action going on (except in the rear). So if any of you guys can help me out it would be apperciated.

Thanks

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
thanks everyone for the help im going to check tomorrow err later on today and i'll let you know how it goes oh and i dont know if it matters but its an 88

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
So, I just want to clarify some things. I am the guy who worked on this car, posting under Greens account.

There is NO power getting to the resistor. The motor works if you apply power directly to the plug.

This ac amplifier, is there any other location besides ABOVE the ecu? On this vehicle, the ecu is located right about the glove box cover, and there is nothing above it, other then the dash board pad. If someone could post a pic of this AC amplifier, it would be greatly appreciated, as I have never seen one for a supra, and didnt notice one when I had the dash out.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Worth trying another Climate Control if you have access to one.

Main_015.gif

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
What exactly is the problem? Electrical or coolant flow? The first post is confusing on several counts. "No heat" can mean several things. And not to question my esteemed colleague but an analysis of the AC amp circuit appears to show it can't prevent the heat from working.

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
OK, Rod (green) didnt word the problem correctly.

The problem is, the fan isnt coming on. I dont know the full history on the car, I just fixed what a mechanic told rod the car needed.

When I got the car, the heater core had been bypassed as I was told it was leaking. Now, even though there is no coolant flowing through the heater core, the fan should still operate, but it didnt.

The current problem. The climate control isnt operating the fan. I put direct power to the fan, and the motor is working, so I got a new blower motor resistor from toyota, but the fan still didnt work VIA the climate control operation. I checked for power at the blower motor resistor with my test light, and its not getting power to the resistor.

Looking at that pic, I remember seeing the AC amplifier. Its a blue box attatched to the dash brace.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The fan will only run in manual without water flowing through the core because there are temp switches mounted near the core to keep if off in auto. Second, there won't be power at the resistor unless the heater relay is on and even then it'll have to go through the motor for you to read it.

Verify the relay is coming on. If it is check the 40 amp heater CB. Reset by pushing something in the hole on it's face. Both are located in the pax footwell. If that doesn't help or if the relay isn't coming on try checking the 7.5 amp gage and 20 amp dome fuses.

I agree with IJ about the amp ;)

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
yeah thats my fault not properly wording the problem but i didnt know excatly what to say so again sorry for the the confusion and thank you for all the replies

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
The fan does not come on at all, even using the low, medium and high setting or auto on the climate control.