Got my Head Back today... Kind of worried about some things.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
bottom line....if that were mine, and i just paid $500, either i would get my money back or that shop would have a head comin through their window. but thats just me lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
barkz;1684897 said:
bottom line....if that were mine, and i just paid $500, either i would get my money back or that shop would have a head comin through their window. but thats just me lol

I wish i had the back bone for that.. im not the raising hell type..

But he never asked me how much i needed tooken off. all i ever said was i needed a vavle/cleaning job and to get it decked thats was it

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Turbo Habanero;1684898 said:
I wish i had the back bone for that.. im not the raising hell type..

But he never asked me how much i needed tooken off. all i ever said was i needed a vavle/cleaning job and to get it decked thats was it

you are going to have to turn the heat up on them for a refund. If not bend over and insert head into ass with no lube. Because they will walk over you any chance they get and if you let them they will win. Fight it in a good manner if need b.

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
Hey stand up for yourself, explain if he is a asshole that the bad publicity will cost him much more in the long run. If i was closer i would go with u :)

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
busted ass head= $500...plate glass window= <$500...seeing that busted ass head going through said window, knowing they will be spending your money to fix it=priceless

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
barkz;1684913 said:
busted ass head= $500...plate glass window= <$500...seeing that busted ass head going through said window, knowing they will be spending your money to fix it=priceless

going to jail is not priceless sir

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
Turbo Habanero;1684917 said:
going to jail is not priceless sir

well then...i have nothing more for you sir. lol seriously though, i would not let this go lightly. start by just asking for a refund, or if they would find you another head. if that doesnt work start being a pain in the ass...

I<3B(.)(.)st

Apr 4, 2010
Lakewood, CA
i would go with you too.... if no refund we could go back late at night with ski mask and throw that head through a window and if they have multiple windows ... we'll take some bricks!

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
In my experience, one difference between a good shop and a bad a shop is the ability to say "no". A good shop would have said no, there's not enough of that head left to do anything with. Some guy desperate for work will pick any scraps. Good luck getting your money back.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Turbo Habanero;1684923 said:
so what would you say IJ

No good?

I wouldn't use it....

To properly weld/repair a head costs about the same as a brand new bare head from Toyota, I'd ignore the nutters saying to take some sort of idiotic revenge on the shop owner, explain to him it's a performance build and with the 7M's history of head issues a welded head that's clearly porous isn't going to cut it and maybe he'll agree to rebuild a suitable core for what you've already paid...

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
My guess would be you didn't see it untill you got home, I'm surprized you didn't address it at the shop.

I think it's comom knowlege that your not gonna get your money back, all shops never admit wrong doing, it never their fault. A good shop would have stopped along time ago and notified you.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So i did go back today i set my head down and told him i couldnt use it i asked him to measure it for then to go look at the factory specs it turns out the head is about 20 thousands shaved to low.
I told him i wasnt happy with it and that the surface wasn't even good enough to use a metal head gasket on. I then asked about all the Gas pockets he told me they where already there that the head has had been worked on and welded be for he got it. But that the Pockets where out side the sealing ring.

So we came to a agreement he is going to get another 7m Head and redo it for me free of charge.
He's just going to get a naked head and shave it and move everything Cams/Vavles ect. from my head to it.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Yeah in your case its clearly not even the shops fault your head had porosity when it was cast many decades ago. He was just the luck individual to shave it and expose what's already there. Consider yourself lucky the guy was nice enough to offer and replace your head with a better one.