good tires

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
im gonna be going back to school and from what i understand my school will be able to get me a good discount on anything i could want or need. anyways what would be the best tires to get to make my car a little quicker and still be reliable in rain or snow. i don't plan on driving my car in the snow but just incase.
thanks

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I've learned my lesson. I didn't do research before I bought tires. From now on, I'm only going to buy proper tires (proper sidewall height and softness). As soon as the Cavalier is gone the Supra is getting a new set of F1's and the Falken's will be for sale. Trust me, I hate my Falken Ziex 512's. Especially the low sidewall and lack of grip.

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
ya im afraid of getting crappy tires even if i do get them cheap. it would be a lot better to know my car and i will be safe then saving some money for crappy tires.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Make sure the tires are good in colder temps. You don't want a UHP/EP (ultra high/extreme performance) tire in temps that are near freezing. They take a little heat to grip.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I also NEVER cheap out on tires and have run Goodyear’s on everything car I've owned since I was 19. I’m currently also Running F1 G3's. I think many here are in denial when it comes to tires; they go all out on everything then go cheap on tires. I always go to Tirerack and read reviews before I buy. You won’t find many people complaining about F1's, and they have a great rating system. I get my price from Tirerack then go to discount tires and ask them to match that price, never fails they match it when you include the avg. 55.00 Tirerack charges for FedEx Second Day shipping. I have bought from Tirerack also. My daughter was living in Alaska; they wanted an avg. of 250.00 EA for all weather tires. So I went to Tirerack ordered her 4 Goodyear All weather tires and had them shipped to her so I love Tirerack and discount tires myself. I paid 151.00 EA for the best tires made

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
mattjk said:
I love the new Kumho SPT's. It's got an 8.3 average on tirerack's site.

the thing about tires is you have to be really specific on what you are wanting.

falken 512s are amazing for the price and everyday driving i dont know why people have had problems on them i know people who autocross on them and beat up on people on slicks. that being said if you want a spring to fall tire i would strongly recommend falken azenis 615s. definitly one of the best handleing tires out there. want proof go and watch a national event at pro solo for the street tire classes. you will notice alot of ecsta mx and alot of azenis. the new kumho spts have fallen short and are blocky and dont handle high temps like they should. the tires are inconsistent and really poor when not in the proper temperature range.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I just bought two brand new Kumho MX 275/40/17's for $260 shipped off of Ebay.

I also bought two 225/50/16 Toyo T1's from www.tiresavings.com for $39 a piece. That was a special that's over with though (ended two weeks ago IIRC).

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
supraguru05 said:
the thing about tires is you have to be really specific on what you are wanting.

falken 512s are amazing for the price and everyday driving i dont know why people have had problems on them i know people who autocross on them and beat up on people on slicks. that being said if you want a spring to fall tire i would strongly recommend falken azenis 615s. definitly one of the best handleing tires out there. want proof go and watch a national event at pro solo for the street tire classes. you will notice alot of ecsta mx and alot of azenis. the new kumho spts have fallen short and are blocky and dont handle high temps like they should. the tires are inconsistent and really poor when not in the proper temperature range.

The original poster did not ask for a track tire. Azenis sports go slick at high temps too... You see alot of Azenis sports because they are cheap and people are misinformed. A real track tire is a Victoracer V7100, not the Azenis Sports or Kumho MX.