good luck (gustav peoples...)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
None of those pictures with people in them would be during full hurricane conditions, except maybe the guy covering his face at the end. What I have seen of this storm is very wimpy. But it is a smaller storm a good way away from me. I am about to venture out, so I'll see if there is any other damage in my area. I had one dead branch blow out of a tree and land on my house. No damage, but a lot of rain.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
^My thoughts exactly!

It was a total false alarm here in Satsuma, AL. I don't know if Dauphin Island or Gulf Shores fared the same. I doubt there was much wind damage for either, but some beach erosion is definitely possible. I'd bet most of the Mississippi coast would be close to the same.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I've been at the beach in full hurricane conditions, have gone swimming actually. Have seen a lot of windsurfers at the beach during that time.

Sorry, no pics of me ;)

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Hello Ike!
204013W_sm.gif

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I'm about 100 miles for the water. my driveway is a quarter mile long. I just cut up 5 good size tree's with my chainsaw to leave my driveway. Cut up eight more on the three mile trip to town on a good size highway.

From where I am, there was actually more wind and rain than there was during katrina.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
the tree's here aren't used to 60-80 mph wind gusts.

I mean nothing too horrible... mainly just a bunch of trees down and heavy rain/wind gusts.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Tanya where were those taken naples beach? i heard sanibel was huge which isnt a surprise its always somewhat big out there by blind pass.

I hope everybody faired ok!

Is there anyway we could get like an offical hurricane thread? keep all of this in one spot?

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
well, i spent another birthday sheltering from a hurricane.
THANKS to all that kept in touch with me before, during, and after the storm to see if i was okay. nothing happened to my house, but my parents lost power and still don't have it. my dad's house in new orleans has power but no water, so no sewage. i'm glad he came over to my house. i went out to the beach just after the rain stopped and the water line was about 60-70 ft. up the land and i guess it raised about 8-10 feet high.

funny thing is, i wanted to be at my mom's house cause it is 23ft. above sea level and they are the ones without power. things could have been different though.
i still have friends in baton rouge with no gas and power, so i may be bringing them some gas soon.

thanks again guys, and if there is ever a natural disaster coming your way, don't hesitate to shelter at my house.