Good Flywheels?

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
Im in the market for one so im just feelin around for others opinions on stayin stock or goin with lightweight steel. Ive been lookin at the 935 one but cant find a review, just how nice it looks. My sup is my DD and is barely bpu but im lookin at around a 400hp future for her.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i had bought one for my car and the quality seemed nice.i ended up buying a twin plate before i used it.i sold it to someone local that has it bolted to a 1j.he's been driving his car for a couple of month's now,but not sure how many mile's.his name is trevor (mischief7m),shoot him a pm

fandffan

Aug 26, 2006
Bowling Green, OH
I'm honestly scared to put any thing aluminum on the supra drivetrain. I mean for a honda that makes 200torque w/e. But supra's eh. When i get to that point in my build i'm looking at the Jun Chromoly Flywheel. or the Lightweight Steel one 935motorsports sells, if you are looking to save a bit of money. But that's just me aluminum driveline parts scare me on anything with torque.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I bought a Jun lightweight flywheel through Manich Tech Racing. Shipping from japan took 2-3 months. It weighs 11 pounds iirc and i have not had an issue with it.
Paid 400+ taxes and shipping to canada.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I've sold at least 30 of the steel lightweight flywheels, no complaints.

SPEC also has a steel lightweight flywheel. It is a few bucks more, but a USA product, always a plus.

The only thing about steel flywheels, is that they are not as light about aluminum.

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
Dont multi plate setups cost around $1000? I just bought a new clutch so I only need a flywheel. I mainly want to know if the lw is worth the extra money.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Supratrbox2;1167356 said:
Dont multi plate setups cost around $1000? I just bought a new clutch so I only need a flywheel. I mainly want to know if the lw is worth the extra money.

I paid ~400 used os giken on ebay and had it remated at clutch masters cheap

I am mounting a custom tilton hydralic release bearing instead of using the hard to come by movement alteration kit.

Deals are out there depends how hard you look and they are more then worth it getting to high of a spring force pressure plate will cause possible crankwalk, left leg to be bigger then the right, then getting to cheap or light weight of a flywheel could explode on you, getting a 3 puck unsprung is insane along with a slightly better 6 puck unsprung a 6 puck sprung will still shake the crap out of you.

I would stick with oem or get a multi plate clutch setup there is several companys that make them TRD, OS Giken, Tilton, Couple others also.

The multiplate clutch setup keeps it good safe for street driving wont risk crankwalk loves to be slipped saving on expensive rear diffs & trannys gets then benny of a lightweight flywheel in some applications. I think its worth the expense.