Going to TDC Performance in Mobile

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
As stated in title. I'll be taking my car to TDC to have my exhaust welded up, my intercooler piping welded up, my car tuned with MS3Pro and methanol injection. I've never taken anything to these guys but they have a strong reputation on Facebook with lots of positive reviews.
My car doesn't crank at the moment but I'm hoping the guys at TDC can solve the problem. I've worked on this thing for six weekends in a row and can't seem to find the reason why it wont start. Hopefully they can figure it out and charge me a fair price for doing all the work I need done. I will let you know how it goes in case any of you guys want to have them do some work on your car. Thanks, Jay

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
OMG, Have your neighbors moved? Do you have gas in it?

Seriously though, your car is in good hands. Mike is a really nice guy, and has a great reputation. I've seen plenty of very nice builds posted on the local GCA page, and never once heard anything bad about them. He is the owner of the youtube famous Toyostang, a 2JZ Mustang. He did do the 2JZ swap in George's car, and I know there have been a few other MKIII's out there. My car has rolled through the parking lot a few times, but has never been worked on yet. It's always been the plan whenever I got it running right and added some things to it, but my motor recently had other ideas. I have a few little parts that I have bought out there (mainly intercooler pipe couplers). I was even wearing my TDC T-shirt the day I slept through you coming through to drop it off.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm sure they're going to do a great job Scott. When I called Joe the first time, he told me they were slow and really needed my car to give them something to do. I rented a tow dolly and drove the five and a half hours down there. When I get there, they have a car on every lift and one under it and one on the dyno. We ended up having to put my car in the back yard with a eclipse and a civic (can't really remember but I think it was a civic) that looks like they've been there a while. I just don't want this back yard to be a place my car goes to die.
Joe told me he was going to email me a estimate for the work I want done, but my car has been there a week today and I haven't got an email yet. I know they're busy, but I really was hoping for better service than this. A phone call or email doesn't take that long to do. Hopefully once they get an empty bay, the rest of the work will go smoothly and with some updates from time to time. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks, Jay

cakene2

Feb 19, 2012
Fultondale, AL
Jay has there been any update from TDC on what's going on with the car I've got several customers wanting some feedback and would like to be able to respond back to them.