Going MaftPro soon...What can I eliminate?????

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
Im about to go MaftPro soon, gonna get rid of my Safc....what electrical connections and vaccuum lines can I get rid of??? (i.e. Lex afm, accordian hose,hoses to ISVC, BVSV....?) input and pics would be great, just trying to clean up any unneccessar connections.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You need the isc if you want the car to idle.

The bvsv is for the charcaol canister.

The vsv's are for egr and fuel pressure up.

Basically you can remove the afm and run a different intake setup and have a better tune.

Wire tuck/vacuum line tuck and ffim would prolly suit you better.

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
hvyman;1703597 said:
You need the isc if you want the car to idle.

The bvsv is for the charcaol canister.

The vsv's are for egr and fuel pressure up.

Basically you can remove the afm and run a different intake setup and have a better tune.

Wire tuck/vacuum line tuck and ffim would prolly suit you better.

So if I remove the afm and accordian hose, where would the hoses that were plugged to the accordian hose go?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you have power steering you need the vacuum for the idle up valve so a nipple needs to be welded on for that.

The isc can be vented if the maft pro is setup right. Use a little filter.
The bov can be vented so that can be deleted.
And you could just run the pcv through the tb(Not proper way of doing things)or weld a nipple on a intake for that.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
just get rid of the AFM and run a pipe in place to the accordian hose, but leave that alone..

if you want to be sneaky, you can gut the AFM and run a pipe through it, kind of like a dummy cat, giving you that stock appearance..

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
I went to MaftPro last summer - I only eliminated one thing - AFM... Though before I did that, I have already replaced stock accordion with a SS replacement that has all of the connections on it. I also am running the Synapse BOV, which is not a spring type, but utilizes differential pressure, so I have it recirculated, but had to weld on a new port that is 1.25", so I plugged the stock port...

Like voiced above, the other items are needed for other reasons, if you want to get rid of more, perhaps a stand-alone option is better...

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
dubsupra209;1703760 said:
damn your in sac you should register www.cencalsupras.com

we have a couple cars that come from sac to the meets you should too

Sac is dead....I might have to register to the cencal site. It would be cool to meet up with some local guys, plus when one guy needs a hand or has questions about our cars it would be easier to chill and help each other out.

hvyman;1703764 said:
If you have power steering you need the vacuum for the idle up valve so a nipple needs to be welded on for that.

The isc can be vented if the maft pro is setup right. Use a little filter.
The bov can be vented so that can be deleted.
And you could just run the pcv through the tb(Not proper way of doing things)or weld a nipple on a intake for that.

So the isc could be vented....? I was wondering that myself, I might just do that.

ValgeKotkas;1703801 said:
Easier to just leave the accordion be and plug the BOV part :)

The whole point of going maftpro was for tuning options, and secondly cleaning up that area of the turbo/cps. I might just have to be stuck with it, seems like. Hvyman is on to what im trying to do lol. Thanks all! Pics would be great if any of you guys got some!!!

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
yep thats exactly what we do...

yea every1 from sac tells me its dead lol..

join up and come to our meet march 22nd in merced,ca

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
dubsupra209;1703993 said:
yep thats exactly what we do...

yea every1 from sac tells me its dead lol..

join up and come to our meet march 22nd in merced,ca

Lol...merced is 1 1/2 hours away. My car prob wont make it...lol. I have no confidence in long distance driving with my ride yet.