going biger turbo

supraman2121

Apr 6, 2012
ontario
im looking to go with a t4 turbo set up and im looking into ems my buddy is selling his gredy emanage im thinking of buying it . my question is can i use the maft box to convert it from maf to map sensor or do you have to use their maft pro because on there site it has just the box and then there is the tuning computer

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Skip on the emanage.

Just get the maft pro or go standalone.

To go map with maft has to be the pro and then you need all the sensors and such. They sell it all for around 6-700. Ms3 is about 6-1000 depending what you do and how capable you are.

The maft gen II uses a gm maf.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
That sounds like a clusterfuck that will not work out to be any cheaper than just going standalone and being done with it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No that link is for the gen II that uses a gm maf. It can be mounted anywhere in the ic piping tho.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
i had the BASIC maft-translator on my 7M last year, and i absolutely LOVED it! i couldnt believe how good and easy of a tune i could get out of that box and a GM sensor. I tuned it myslef following the instructions. I got my AFR to exactly what i wanted, 11.0 under boost. it was so cheap and easy. I wouldnt of sold mine if iwasnt going for 650ish rwhp. So now im using the Stinger EMS. But for 450 rwhp or so, id recomend the Maft-translator for something other than a standalone. Cause a standalone is a whole different level! lol

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Yea use the GM sensor. I used it in Blow through and had the sensor after my BOV towards the TB. This allowed a lot quicker spool up and venting the BOV to the atmosphere.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
I ran a MAP ECU for years with no problems. Alot of the local guys around here are on MAPECU with awesome results.......300 bucks bye bye AFM..... very very tuneable