godspeeds "BLACKOUT" project

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
well the time has come when i guess its my turn to do a build thread. over the next few weeks im going to have the engine rebuilt. i going to use arp studs, cometic mhg, im getting the head machined and getting a 3 angle valve job and all new seals and such. and the head is getting tanked and its also going to have a mirror finish. also getting new valve cover gaskets.i will be getting a new clutch also. my plans for the car are going to be as follows
fresh jet black paint
black tinted windows
black 17in rims
blacked out tail lights and corners, and side markers
all the badging is going to be painted black also
and finally im going to get a set of jdm black h4 head lights.
i will also be getting a lip of some sort just havent figured out what i want yet, the interior is going to be changed to either black leather and black suede leather or blue leather and black suede leather
im going with an all black theme like the white package but black... never seen one completely blacked out so.......
here are pics of the car as it is now and i will be posting pics of the car through out the whole process.
p965975_1.jpg

p965975_2.jpg

p965975_3.jpg

p965975_4.jpg

p965975_5.jpg

p965975_6.jpg

p965975_7.jpg

p965975_8.jpg

p965975_9.jpg

p965975_10.jpg

p965975_11.jpg

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
well i spoke to harry from phoenix motorsports today and he said he will be coming to get my supra towards the end of next week and he would have it for roughly a week..
i was going to do all the work myself but i dont have the shelter space or the time really to do it. but at least this way i know it will be under a warranty for a little bit.. im going to take pics of all the progress along the way and also pics of the interior work i'll be doing. thanks for looking lmk any suggestions you guys have.
i also will be using the apexi exhaust that came on the car but im going to run some 3 inch pipe all the way out.. ill keep posting as progress goes along.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
because i got this for free..... all i did was do some work for my old boss and he gave me a lawn mower... lol and a friend gave me a set of 12 in subs and i traded both for this car...... soooo i decided that i wanted to paint it black because every supra i have owned was white and this one i plan on keeping for a while and wanted something different plus i like the challenge of it all.... does that make sense?

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
thanks guys im either going to tag it to say BLACKOUT or NIGHTMARE not sure yet but more that likely its going to be the first ... i'll keep you guys up to speed as progress goes along.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
here are the pics of the exhaust that came on the car when i got it.... its an apexi welded onto the factory pipe...???? it was so quiet when it was running you couldn't even hear the exhaust... and when you drove it it made a loud ssssssshhhhhhh sound. needless to say i think it was choking to death... my plans are going to be use this exhaust for now and have it welded to a new 3 in pipe until i get the funds to get a cat back system. here are the pics.... its a little banged up and old too lol.
p975537_1.jpg

p975537_2.jpg

p975537_3.jpg

p975537_4.jpg

p975537_5.jpg

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
well i dropped my car off at the shop and of course it was raining like hell.... and i found out the hard way that my targa seals leak lol.... but when i dropped it off i spotted another mk3 there when i was leaving. i snapped a pic of it also. notice the yellow fogs.. i will be adding more pics as i proceed.
p981753_1.jpg

p981753_2.jpg

p981753_3.jpg

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
ok i have a delimma.. im trying to figure out what personalized plate to get but the ones i wanted are already taken..i have tried blackout,darkness,boosted,godspeed,nihtmare.... anyone else have any suggestions i would like to go with something different. the car will be white for a little while but then its going to be black. im up for some suggestion.. here in nc we can only use 8 letters. so lmk what you guys think.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
i went by the shop today to ask the owner a few?'sand there it was my car being torn down. woot! the guy tells me that there was so much coolant mixed in with the oil that when they drained it it overflowed in the big container that they drain into. he also said that my crankcase had to be about half way full of this sludge crap. also he showed me that the power steering fluid had been replaced with oil.... wtf? but he also went on to say that the car was in good shape as far as not being rusted or having leaks all over the engine... but im changing the block too soooooo. i also found out how bad my turbo is f****d the wheel was all bent and chipped so needless to say i def. need a new one they took a pic or two for me and i will post it when i get them. thank to everyone who's watching.

to be continued....................