Gloom, despair and agony on me...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I thought a midlife crisis would be different. In attempts to recapture my youth, I've had the chicken pox at age 35 and yesterday morning at age of 41, had a tonsilectomy. FML.

Pain is awful and is expected to only get worse over the next few days.
Lortab rocks.
I apologize in advance for any stoned postings or facebook comments to those of you who are my FB friends.:biglaugh:

Meds kicking in so now I can partially swallow. Hoping not to drool all night long.

Peace.
Ken

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
I had my tonsils out last month, and yeah it does suck a lot. It is still sore when I yawn and it has been about 5 weeks. The pain didn't bother me and I stopped taking the painmeds for the most part since it was much worse when my tonsils had abscessed. The worst part to me was the fucking awful taste in my mouth for a week and a half which made eating anything unbearable.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
liquid codeine man.. Taking a pill is like rubbing one out with steel wool. It will feel good in the end, but your going to suffer first!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
grimreaper;1582701 said:
liquid codeine man.. Taking a pill is like rubbing one out with steel wool. It will feel good in the end, but your going to suffer first!

I've got liquid Lortab. Much better. But, come to find out yesterday that taking 800 mg of Ibruphen lasts longer and takes away more pain.

Poodles;1582704 said:
Tonsil stones?

Yes I HAD them....bad. Not anymore! Nasty fuckers...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Poodles;1582750 said:
Could have had the laser surgery instead, thinking about it myself...

I wasn't offered a choice by my ENT. He said Oblation tonsilectomy and I said OK. Just get rid of 'em.

lewis15498;1582755 said:
I'm just getting over strep throat, that sucked, this sounds 1000 times worse. Hope you feel better buddy.

Thanks. I expect to feel like shit for a few more days.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Here's the same procedure I had done. It's graphic so watch if you dare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KizSZuqkyBc

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Curious as to why you got rid of them...

I get tonsilitis about once ever 9-14 months, and actually had a doctor recommend AGAINST having them removed since it's better to get infections at the top of my throat than deeper in my body. :\

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
DreamerTheresa;1583109 said:
Curious as to why you got rid of them...

Poodles;1583126 said:
Tonsil stones ;)

Warning, do NOT look them up on youtube...

This ^^^.

Doc said mine should've come out years ago. Because of the stones my tonsiles stayed imflammed. Stones are nothing more than solidified infection and particulate matter and they smell BAD.
Look 'em on youtube if you dare. They are nasty.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
damn youtube... Well, shit... sorry to hear you are hurting man, stay medicated and kick back as best as you can.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah I use to get tonsil stones bad awhile back, they use to get knocked out of place while I was running and it literally gagged me while running from the smell. Never had I would have thought something so small could smell so bad.