German Castrol availability

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
jdub said:
Check out AutoZones, lets say, in "economically depressed" areas of town...most of the folks that live in those areas go cheap on oil and wouldn't touch a 0W-30 with a 10 foot pole. Been successful in a lot of cities ;)

Wow - I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it, that is where the majority of the stock was.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
jdub said:
Check out AutoZones, lets say, in "economically depressed" areas of town...most of the folks that live in those areas go cheap on oil and wouldn't touch a 0W-30 with a 10 foot pole. Been successful in a lot of cities ;)

You hit the nail on the head with that statement John :biglaugh:

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
indeed Tissimo and i found about 15 of them in an AZ in a cracked out part of Miami on the way back from getting some parts. it popped in my head and he was like hell why not? went in there and there was a bunch of it LOL

the stock was cleaned out by Tissimo tho locally so i just use PP 5-30

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
noah89t said:
yes please.

#340533 06068

I'm not sure if the second set of digits is a portion of the part no. or not. I think the guy who looked it up for me just used the first portion ??

Anyway - you should be able to call and have them do a search to tell you where there is some.

This is the 2005+ formula - still great oil. I haven't seen any of the old green stuff in a LONG while.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The only problem is shipping bumps the per qt price up into Red Line territory...you might as well use Red Line ;)

If you do ship, the shipping companies do not like to ship oil. Make sure all the bottle tops are tight and put the case inside a heavy duty garbage bag inside another box.