Georgia Supras

Own a Supra here in GA?

• Current Georgia Owner

Votes: 77 81.9%
  • Former Georgia Owner

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I'm just a fan, but I'm from Georgia!

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I'm not from Georgia - get me out of this group!

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
A good thing would be to meetup at the next Riverstone Cruise In -- next one is on April 21st:

http://www.poboyscarclub.com/calendar.html

Every 3rd Saturday from 2PM until dark @ 2200 Riverstone Blvd. Canton, GA 30144

Literally hundreds of hot rods and modified cars show up every month.

To give you an idea:

426607029_b23f65f68d_o.jpg426607548_fce630d40c_o.jpg426608458_0c732c6aec_o.jpg

$5 to enter your car in the show. Free to just show up and see some incredible rides and meet hundreds of very cool car guys without putting up with the punks that show up at some of the other shit meets I've been to around this town...

I'll probably bring the hardttop up there on the 21st.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I'd meet up with you guys, just to say hello and see your cars.
Right now my supra is apart for full restoration, so I'd be rolling large in my daily:

p1821565_1.jpg

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
i am also in the middle getting the parts to my rebuild may have a line on a built 7m in NJ but i do not think it will be ready by the 21st, but i can just go up there in the old pos truck:p But from the looks of it they meet all the time so there are plenty of chances!

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I went to the varsity on Thursday and then a meet in Gwinnett on Saturday. Lot of young kids in pieces of shit that think they are the shit. At the varsity, a good 80% of the cars were 80's caprices and such with obnoxiously loud sound systems and 22's... Of course doing burnouts and acting like bad-asses. I hadn't gone to that meet in a number of years, and it reminded me why.

The Gwinnett meet was OK. Some dick approached me asking to race and saying "it's just a Honda". I told him, "I like having my license, and you can do a lot of different shit to a Honda". He looked mad.

I think I am going to try and arrange an Mk3 meet if anyone is interested (will be in a separate thread).

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
cramerizking;1826099 said:
I went to the varsity on Thursday and then a meet in Gwinnett on Saturday. Lot of young kids in pieces of shit that think they are the shit. At the varsity, a good 80% of the cars were 80's caprices and such with obnoxiously loud sound systems and 22's... Of course doing burnouts and acting like bad-asses. I hadn't gone to that meet in a number of years, and it reminded me why.

The Gwinnett meet was OK. Some dick approached me asking to race and saying "it's just a Honda". I told him, "I like having my license, and you can do a lot of different shit to a Honda". He looked mad.

I think I am going to try and arrange an Mk3 meet if anyone is interested (will be in a separate thread).

both of those meets are shit fests, i wish the city would disallow them to meet at the varsity and gwinnett (i will never go anywhare near that place) is just full of old rice thats been sitting in the sun for 5 years. Barrett is where the big tuners hang out now days but there are only 20 guys in that group and then the rest is a bunch of redneck trucks and hondas with no bumpers

if you want to do a monthly local GA thing it needs to be somewhere nice and in a location that is not Balls

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
ATL88Supra;1826996 said:
both of those meets are shit fests, i wish the city would disallow them to meet at the varsity and gwinnett (i will never go anywhare near that place) is just full of old rice thats been sitting in the sun for 5 years. Barrett is where the big tuners hang out now days but there are only 20 guys in that group and then the rest is a bunch of redneck trucks and hondas with no bumpers

if you want to do a monthly local GA thing it needs to be somewhere nice and in a location that is not Balls

Lol you are grumpy.

Honestly, that's exactly why I want to do this to meet and exactly why I'm pushing supras only (aside from those who's cars are under the knife of course). The more low key an exclusive you keep it, the more of that typical scene vibe you keep out. I don't particularly enjoy the varsity or the gwinnett meets, so I'm trying to do my own thing. You are more than welcome to help pick out locations and set up various other details. It would be nice to have someone else on board with this.

I will say, you can't expect everyone to have nice cars. There are bound to be a bunch of works in progress (rice obviously being a different story), but as long as everyone acts like an adult it should be fun. What about a bbq at a park?

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
cramerizking;1827082 said:
Lol you are grumpy.

I will say, you can't expect everyone to have nice cars. There are bound to be a bunch of works in progress (rice obviously being a different story), but as long as everyone acts like an adult it should be fun. What about a bbq at a park?

Lol I am grumpy. Also a BBQ at a park sounds pretty cool i would be down for that, i notice from your website you like RC cars, i got a nitro redcat i might see about bringing back to life love hobby RC stuff.

supra1jz

Apr 14, 2008
Auburn, Georgia, United States
im live in Auburn GA and own 2 89 supra one stock NA and the other has a 1jz witch i m trying to finish up my swap.. Now does anyone live near me that has a 1jz and is welling to give a hand i need to test my ECU my car wont past 3.5k and brakes up bad on 4k just want to test out the ECU first to see if mines went bad..

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Drift motion offers a service where they replace leaking capacitors. Might look into that.

Unfortunately I don't have a 1j, otherwise I'd help you out.

supra1jz

Apr 14, 2008
Auburn, Georgia, United States
Thanks for that and yes I know Driftmotion has that service and I am going to send it to him I just wanted to be 100% sure it was the ECU but for 60 dollars I really have nothing to loss so I will just send it his way.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I am posting here because NOBODY ever does.
: (
If anyone ever needs a hand on their supra, or maybe even some small part, post here!

'85 supra

garagedoor man
Aug 27, 2008
georgia
will do.I post up when Im ready to rebuild my LSD. Deff will need some guidance on that. Cant afford a tru trac now, so will pick up a weir rebuild kit

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I did the stage 1. Wasn't too hard, but you'll want to have a dial gauge+magnetic mount if you don't already have one.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I might have it-
Lemme check.

Damn!- sorry, ATL. Turns out I have an extra temp gauge sensor, not the CSI switch.

Last edited: