general 7mgte performance build up questions

silversup

Supraluva
May 25, 2005
Philly
Guys, I hate to do this to ya but I am in the process of building up and swapping in 7mgte into my NA body. Shooting for 450 horses at the crank when all is said and done. As I have questions I will be submitting them to you guys because I figure someone has crossed these bridges before and why should I experiment if someone already has the answer. I wanna do the car up right the first time so I don't have to correct things later. Thanks in advance.

First question: I see two major brand choices for getting a head gasket (Greddy and HKS), which one is better? Even if its just by a little bit by personal experience.

Second question: Is it possible to buy a brand new engine harness? If anybody has done so How much did it cost you?

Third question: What do you think of aftermarket timing belts are they better than say one from toyota or autozone etc?

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
I think others have purchased a new harness for under $400.

Run a search on it. The other questions, I think a Toyota belt would be just fine. Dunno on your hg question.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
IMO, if it's a MHG (and it doesn't have a rivet on the sealing surface like some cometics had) it's as good as any other MHG.

Stock toyota timing belt is fine. So is an aftermarket, for that matter.

If you manage to buy an engine harness for a reasonable price, let me know. I want one too. :)