Gears of War step aside, Resistance Fall of Man!

NeoJester

Banned
May 2, 2005
Emo
oh yay! another WW2 game! WooHoo! (please note my sarcasim) I baught gears of war and I absolutly love the game, and i donno what your talking about being a quake rip off, if you played it you would know that. Plus GoW has a great story. I am a fan of WW2 games dont get me wrong, but there are so many of them out now a days i'm just not excited about them anymore. just my 2cents.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
FOR ONLY $599!

GoW and Resistance are two completely different kinds of games. Its like comparing a chicken sandwhich to a shovel. Where GoW focuses on small squad based combat, implementing strategy and maintaining the best firing positions. Resistance is just going to be massive 40 player team slayer. Could you imagine 40 people yelling over a mic trying to coordinate? I can only hope the voice chat is disabled.

IMO the playstation controller has always sucked for FPS as well.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Just to let you know, USB keyboards and mice are plug and play for PS3... so no bitching about the controler girls. GoW is called the late Quake rip off with nothing innovative. It's just the same old same old with killer graphics. Most reviews are saying it gets boring after a couple weeks, where Resistance won't.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
SupraOfDoom said:
Just to let you know, USB keyboards and mice are plug and play for PS3... so no bitching about the controler girls. GoW is called the late Quake rip off with nothing innovative. It's just the same old same old with killer graphics. Most reviews are saying it gets boring after a couple weeks, where Resistance won't.

I take it you havent played GoW yet?
You try and make it being like quake a bad thing.
I guess I can say every FPS is a Doom ripoff then.

The truth is that GoW is a solid shooter. I played 13 hour sessions and couldnt find anything wrong with it. The gameplay is simply awesome. Even if you dont like deathmatch the Co-op is a blast.

The only problem I had at the beginning was finding a game due to the match making but I quickly figured that out and now get it games instantly.

Hows the PS3's tilt function work with a mouse and keyboard?

If you really want to compare 2 games you should be pitting Call of Duty 3 against Resistance.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
gow has nothing to do with quake...your comments are retarded. gow and resistance(from what i'v read) are both awesome games. buy both systems, or buy the one you like more and shut up about it. all of these xbox vs. ps threads are lame. both systems rock, and if i could afford it i would own both.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
GOW is indeed a great game. It's very solid, and fully capable of standing on it's own. The individual that said there is nothing innovative is just quoting a disgruntled EA employee, stating opinion as though it were fact. Innovative these days is just a buzz word, as every thing has been done before. GOW brings the best parts of many different things together, does it well, and then adds a little next-gen flair of it's own. A very good game indeed.

As far as resistance goes, the game just seems a little bland to me. In all the trailers and all the reviews I haven't really seen one particular thing that makes me think "Man I really want to play that." I'm going to make the best effort to pick up a PS3 come the 17th. But I'm not sure yet weather or not Resistance will be on the shopping list that day. Well see when the time comes.

YourHondaSux

I like Supras
Aug 12, 2005
Panther Country
www.cardomain.com
SupraOfDoom said:
GoW is called the late Quake rip off with nothing innovative. It's just the same old same old with killer graphics. Most reviews are saying it gets boring after a couple weeks, where Resistance won't.

Its perfectly clear that you've never played the game.

And why the hostility toward Gears of War? The game is absolutely incredible.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I have played it, not impressed. I'm picky though, and I'm an old school FPS player. Yes, every FPS ripped off Doom but Wolfinstine ;) I love Doom which why its in my SN. But don't worry, I haven't played Resistance yet, and for all I know I could hate it. I remember being so excited about Timesplitters for PS2 launch day and I fucking hated that POS.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
GOW war is awesome, sorry to say but the ps3 game looks like a call of duty with aliens. im sure it will be fun but will you have the satisfaction of curb stomping downed enemies?

Last edited: