GD WRX Questions

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
Okay, this is for those who are familiar with the GD WRX.

I know that there is the WRX and the WRX STi.

What does the TR stand for?

Are there Limited trim level for both the WRX and the STi?

What's the difference between a Limited and a non-Limited level?

I heard of some not so good comments regarding the transmission in the '02-'03 WRX models. Can anyone verify this? I also heard of people installing the transmission from the GC Impreza because of the better gears.

And can someone tell me what the rear passenger space is like in the GD WRX? What car it is comparable to in rear passenger room?

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
I am considering a WRX sedan in a few years. It'll be a daily driver and will allow me to do some work on the Supra.

As for the person that said WRX are ftl, you are entitled to your personal opinion. But to be honest, I am sensing some jealousy. I don't know if it is a Toyota only loyalty and maybe you have something against other makes. If it makes you feel better, it is made by Fuji Heavy Industries, which happens to be partly owned by Toyota Motor Co.

It's spelled Subaru by the way.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yes, Toyota now owns quite a bit of Subaru (someone sold it off, I forgot who)

There are quite a few fast ones around here, I know better than to take em from a dig, but from a roll it's anyone's game...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Phantom said:
I am considering a WRX sedan in a few years. It'll be a daily driver and will allow me to do some work on the Supra.

As for the person that said WRX are ftl, you are entitled to your personal opinion. But to be honest, I am sensing some jealousy. I don't know if it is a Toyota only loyalty and maybe you have something against other makes. If it makes you feel better, it is made by Fuji Heavy Industries, which happens to be partly owned by Toyota Motor Co.

It's spelled Subaru by the way.

Jealousy... That's funny. Jealous of what?

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
I think it was GM that sold their share of Subaru to Toyota. GM owns Saab and because they also owned Fuji Heavy Industries, they basically took the GD WRX, redesign the outside of the car, and badged it as the Saab 9-2X.

I also think that the WRX is a nice car. I can't argue with the four doors and the trunk space.