Gauging Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
A good friend of mine owns a performance shop called Perfect Soundz in Libertyville IL. They do all kinds of custom work, and they are a pretty small shop. I had Andy fiberglass my old WS6, and I LOVED his work. I went back to him for ideas for the supra. I have a targa, and keeping a targa tray was my basic demand. Personally I had an idea for a rear seat delete, and i wanted to hold two nitrous bottles, etc. etc. Personally, my sub box is undesignable simply because I am waaaaaaaaaaay too indecisive. BUT, he had a basic outline, that keeps teh targa in the tray, while putting two 10s, and an amp, custom fiberglassed in. The sub box he designed was basic, and a simple ONE PLUG connection...so for those that enjoy drag racing and such, you can pull your sounds out with two people, and be ready to race. Basically, I was talking to him about making more than just one of these. He would be delighted to make them per order...and I am more than willing to give him my shell as a mockup car to make them. I can post pics of his past work, and current projects...but none of this as he hasn't made anything for any MKIIIs. Would anyone be interested? O yea..after all of the technical jargain, he basically said that the subs would pound becase the car is a hatch, but when the targa tray is in, the subs will use the targa to create a harder punch (there were a buncha technical words that surpassed me, but i can get everything in writing from him.)
Would this be something anyone's interested in?
LMK
~Ahmed

BigTree

Targa JZA70 FTW
Jan 6, 2007
Canada, BC
I would definitely be interested, but shipping on something that like would really really suck. Especially to Canada.

Anyhow I would assume he could do a box for 1 12" instead of 2 10's correct?

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
absoloutley, he said he could do two 15s, but they would sound like shit in his opinion. He can fiberglass anything and make it easily removable if you'd like. I have no idea about shipping nor have i researched it, but i'm sure if we're doing some type of a group buy or something I can find some way to get cheaper shipping.
~Ahmed

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
Buckshot, after following your build threads I can understand why pics would be so wanted ;)...even with milo? i believe thats ur dog's name hahahaha...not yet man, i haven't even taken delivery of the shell yet...weathers been shitty here, and i've been working full time 2 jobs :'( hopefully we'll get started on mine in a coupla weeks...

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
It won't fit in my car anyway. I gotta go total custom with the fuel cell. I just wanted to see. Get some ideas, you know?;)
My thread needs parts to survive... some I need to plan out and order, and others that are almost on the way.:) Thanks for the comments.

Edit... When you talk about group buy, you better consult with a mod, someone that has their name in Pink or Red.;)

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
Just got off tha phone with him about that...He says to bring my hood in on Monday, and he'll tell me what he can or can't do, he said he cannot just make a hood, but can definately modify a stock one

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
heheheh, Andy just stopped by my garage and picked up the hood since he has nothing 2 d 2day...he said he's gonna think up some designs that he can do without risking any structural rigidity of the hood, other than just the cowl...and we'll go from there :)

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
Its in Libertyville, IL. We are about 35 minutes north of chicago, or 10 minutes south of Gurnee....which is 5 minutes south of wisconsin :). I believe from Iowa its about a 3 hour drive, I have a cousin-in-law that goes to school in Iowa

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
ahmedootie said:
Its in Libertyville, IL. We are about 35 minutes north of chicago, or 10 minutes south of Gurnee....which is 5 minutes south of wisconsin :). I believe from Iowa its about a 3 hour drive, I have a cousin-in-law that goes to school in Iowa

you can use my sub box as a model if you want. i made it a while ago, here are the pics-
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p528893_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

rest here-
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v322/audioman81/mk3 sub box/

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
That is a nice box! i will def give him the pictures...how's it sound? Everytime i bring up a design, he gives me this look, he's real big on equations and what placement of tha sub will give u tha best sound and bla bla bla...i never knew there was so much involved...

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
ahmedootie said:
That is a nice box! i will def give him the pictures...how's it sound? Everytime i bring up a design, he gives me this look, he's real big on equations and what placement of tha sub will give u tha best sound and bla bla bla...i never knew there was so much involved...

it sounds great. im sure it would sound even better if it was ported, but that would require a box almost twice as large. the box is quite thick because i messed up a couple times as it was my first time ever working with fiberglass. i also didnt know how strong it would be and didnt want to go through all the work and have the power of the w7 blow it apart. it has held up well. he inside volume of the box is aproximately 1.1 cu ft. it would be around 1.2 if i had made it a little thinner and not so much bracing. ideal is 1.25 sealed give or take 10% so its darn close. maybe we can meet up sometime this summer and you can hear it. I'll prolly go to chi2k7. I showed it off it chi2k5, but missed 06.

Status
Not open for further replies.