Gauging interest in Community effort drag car!!

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
haha i find this amusing, First of all i got people going through my posts giving me bad rep about a post that i did a month ago. Second of all who cares, whats the chances that you will actually get on that stupid show you guys call Pinks. Im not giving out my money for some one else to loose a car on national tv. The mk3 is not a ideal platform for drag racing its a fucking GT Car not a drag car. You guys complain about people parting out cars but then you will molest one to go fast in a straight line......... I dont need money i was just making stupid ass post in here to make you mad and it looks like I succeeded. Bring the neg rep guys because it will hurt my e-feelings ^_^. Peace.

Hey guys im doing a Car for my dead budy donate money to my paypal....

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
racingtoyota007 said:
haha i find this amusing, First of all i got people going through my posts giving me bad rep about a post that i did a month ago. Second of all who cares, whats the chances that you will actually get on that stupid show you guys call Pinks. Im not giving out my money for some one else to loose a car on national tv. The mk3 is not a ideal platform for drag racing its a fucking GT Car not a drag car. You guys complain about people parting out cars but then you will molest one to go fast in a straight line......... I dont need money i was just making stupid ass post in here to make you mad and it looks like I succeeded. Bring the neg rep guys because it will hurt my e-feelings ^_^. Peace.

Hey guys im doing a Car for my dead budy donate money to my paypal....

I know the chance of getting on national tv is remote, but who cares? I never said the sole purpouse of a build would be just for Pinks. Yes, It would be a lot of fun for everyone involved I'm sure. But that may not happen. I could see this car going to Supra meets around the country, for show and for racing. And as a traveling Supramania built car, anyone on here who wanted could come to the meet or race, hang out, drive the car, meet a bunch of good people, and maybe have some fun. This car is not a prom queen any longer by any means. Whatever is done to it, will be for the better.

Sorry about the way you feel.

Rich

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
billspreston01 said:
I've got suprarich's back. He gave me a FREE stock exhaust (in mint condition. thanks again) when mine broke in half. All I had to do was go pick it up from him. I also sold him that tranny that sits in his 89. He's NOT gonna pocket the money. I'd put my word on it.

I don't have any money I can donate to you but I'd be more than willing to help throw some wrench time into it and come to the track with you on it's maiden voyage. I've got a bunch of spare stock parts if you need anything just let me know.

this seems like a great idea. It seems like everybody wants to get some money out of this or something. How about people stop calling our cars probe's, or slow, or old. Recognition for the 'old style' supra. sounds like a good deal. No more "does it have a 2jz" or "is that a twin turbo" b/s. I love the idea, if you don't then don't post. I say negative rep for b/s posts in this thread.

give me a call if you need anything

Hey, Thanks man! I will call you up!

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
suprarich said:
I know the chance of getting on national tv is remote, but who cares? I never said the sole purpouse of a build would be just for Pinks. Yes, It would be a lot of fun for everyone involved I'm sure. But that may not happen. I could see this car going to Supra meets around the country, for show and for racing. And as a traveling Supramania built car, anyone on here who wanted could come to the meet or race, hang out, drive the car, meet a bunch of good people, and maybe have some fun. This car is not a prom queen any longer by any means. Whatever is done to it, will be for the better.

Sorry about the way you feel.

Rich
Well good for you guys, Dont get me wrong its a novel idea, i just dont see any legitness of this. I mean sponsors dont even pay to be built cars. thats just my opinion. But i guess what ever floats your boat.

I will agree to diasgree. Im done here.

Im sorry every one on supramania for using my first right as a american...

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
I think this is a great idea, the 3rd generation supra's the recogniztion they deserve. They're beautiful cars and have great potential.
I'd love to see an outline for this, and I'd love to donate some money to this once I get some free cash to throw at it.
I'd also like to see it travel around some :), maybe the west coast?
I'd probably even be satisfied just to see and drive it briefly at SILV next year or something.

zemon3

Big Poohbah
Aug 14, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Ain't got a lot, but can give time for sure. I'm in Cleveland, so I'm a local and can get a couple other MKIII guys input at least. Just message me when you want to move. Might want to consider a regional OH, MI, PA to get enough support.

Chris

No one said there would be boasting!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Going to move this to the "Build Threads"

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. Looking forward to working with everyone who wants to help.

Rich

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
You should try putting something up on ohiosupras.org and see if there's any local intrest. I haven't been there in about a week so disregard this if you've already posted there.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I have to say I absolutely hate Pinks ALL OUT, not the regular episodes besides the fact of a bunch of dumb mustangs, but ALL OUT from Ryan Woon (1400whp mkiv WOTM) was not chosen for the show rather a bunch of mustangs and pieces of shit.

Now this may have been cause by the lack of true imports in the show. The red Civic was doomed from the start a "600hp stock head no nitrous" was a complete joke not only did it have no where near 600hp but the driver looked like he just learned how to drive a manual car. The other all-motor Civic was out run by a heavy shot mustang. But the Rx7 and white FULL RACE Civic did have a good turnout had teh FULL RACE Civic not known an intercooler hose came off.

I definatley agree on making this car to build but keep in mind PINKS hates imports. If they wouldn't pick the crazyest Supra in the world they won't pick anything good. IMO IMO IMO

PowerTrip Performance

Custom Fabrication
Dec 5, 2005
Oregon
www.myspace.com
Hey let me know if I can help you out on this project. I'de be happy to toss out one of my FFIM's, or....???

-My vote is for a 5speed, you don't win on the show by being consistant, you win by being consistantly faster than the other guy.

So yeah let me know.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Not doing the pinks thing. If I knew I had a chance to be on the regular show of pinks, I would build this car just good enough. This car will be built for many years of service, not for one show. NO PINKS. I would howevr go to a pinks all out.

Powertrip - We will have to talk about a ffim and t4/tial 44 exhaust header.

This thread is now in the build section