Gauging interest in Community effort drag car!!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
MDCmotorsports said:
My offerings aren't free of course.

It will be @ a sponsored rate.

I wouldn't ever expect a free turbo, anything you could do would be great when the time comes. Just PM me price for a 57

Thanks,

Rich

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I know it’s hard to trust people. I also know that most of us do not have allot of extra cash (me included). In my short time here I have met some great honest people. In the messages I have read I see the type of friendship that is really missing in daily life. I did offer to do any vinyl or print graphics that is needed for the project. I still offer that. If I run into extra money I will donate to the project. Not because I 100% trust that it will be used like he tells us. I do it because I want to believe that there are still honest people around. Even if it is only in our small group. I would love to see this project car get on TV and on the hood or back window a big list of all the members names that helped build it! That is my only request, when I do the vinyl that we make either the back window or hood this list.

Just my .2 cents

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I think you are on the right track JMD.

And I for one would donate a minimum of $10 if I got a stock certificate to put on my wall! I'll see if I can dream up some useful items to donate as well.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
upgradedsupra said:
As I stated many times..just get someone to put in a few bucks each and get someone to race on pinks..= no need for a car. Heck I know a few that would do that :D Yes I would do this but again it would have to be for cash (not for pinks but for cash) They have a new episode coming out called "ALL OUT" where you race for cash and this eway noone loses a car IF they lose.

The money would not go to anything but gas expense/accommodations. PINKS show would need an amount you will race for and that's it! You get your stickers and the MKIII gets rep! :D

Any driver/decent car of course

Duane

I agree. I vote for Duane on Pinks All Out. Starting a project now will take a hell of a long time.

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
I wish I still had this car, if I did it would be all yours. I bought this car two years ago off of Ebay to do exactly what you guys are planing on doing. I had it is storage in Louisiana were i bought the car waiting to get the money to have it shipped to MI. I ended up having to sell it just before the hurricane hit because of school and no money to get it out of there. I was so sad. It is in Wisconsin know with a 350 it :cry:. The storage unit that I had the car it was under 10 ft of water. Here are some pictures of her, this would be great if we could do something like this. Also it would be cool if we could get enough stuff together at once so those of us that contributed can meet up and work on the car to get her running.

rightside3it9.jpg

axleyk4.jpg

rightside1cq8.jpg

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
I'd donate some money if you slapped a nice philly supras sticker on that baby for good measure :) ohio isnt that far...maybe a road trip would be in order some time

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
No .57 trim. If its gonna be done, it's gonna be done right. JT70.

When the time comes, I'll get you one for cost. I rated it at 550rwhp and
that should be very conservative, with race gas and such I think 600rwhp
should be doable. Bolts on to the stock manifold.

Jeff

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
^^ Agreed. Upgrading the stock turbo housing will just reduce the amount of time it will live. a JT serious turbo is much larger, but bolts straight on.

I say go with the JT70, and a 150-200 shot of no2. :evil2: I don't think 10's would be hard to hit.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
927mgte- Looks like you really had something going there. It is too bad that you had to let that go. That would have been a car to build!

xarewhyayen- I see no problem with that.

jtamulis- I was only thinking of the 57 trim to get the thing going. And then soon after step up to a bigger frame turbo. That is why I was looking at the GT35R, GT4088, and GT4067 Garrett turbos. Let me know what you can do. i would buy citgo 116 octane by the drum to run in this thing, so don't worry about detonation. Of course we could always do a shot of no2 to help out.
Thank you, I would be interested in on for my own car also. It is an auto with a 3000 ish stall converter.

spoolme- the motor that is in the car now is pretty solid and I have no fear of running 600 Hp on it. However i do have a long block in my shop that I will do a full build on including 1.5mm over valves, 257 cams, all forged internals, maybe even a 6mm stroke.

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
This is getting off topic......
Every one send me money to build my car please
lol...........
Am i the only one that see's the irony in this thread.
But seriously paypal me
Jesse_daines@hotmail.com
I need money for mine, doing it for senior project. Ill send pictures of the car for sure.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
racingtoyota007 said:
I need money for mine, doing it for senior project. Ill send pictures of the car for sure.

Getting very irritating...

Sad thing is, you are SERIOUS about thinking we'll send money to you for a "Senior project".

Supraboostin

7m power
Mar 30, 2005
MIAMI
racingtoyota007 said:
This is getting off topic......
Every one send me money to build my car please
lol...........
Am i the only one that see's the irony in this thread.
But seriously paypal me
Jesse_daines@hotmail.com
STFU already

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Anyone who wants to shoot this idea down or try and make dumb posts thinking they can hop on and get donations too should stay out of this thread IMO. suprarich sounds like he has his mind set on this, and telling him it's stupid is a waste of breath....racingtoyota007, that was f*cking stupid.

On-topic: This is a pretty interesting idea and it would be cool to see it go through.
I live in Jersey and could drive out to Ohio in a few hours time, so I wouldn't mind helping or doing whatever else. And I would love to see it get on TV and beat anything thrown at it.
I understand how people wouldn't want to send money for a car they won't ever see, though. That makes sense to me, so it would most definitely have to be a group effort, not just money wise, but everyone as a collective group decides on what goes into the car, and if at all possible work on it together. It WOULD be pretty lame for people to send money, just to see it go into someone's dream project.

And 7M will always be FTW!
Just my .02
-Justin

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
I've got suprarich's back. He gave me a FREE stock exhaust (in mint condition. thanks again) when mine broke in half. All I had to do was go pick it up from him. I also sold him that tranny that sits in his 89. He's NOT gonna pocket the money. I'd put my word on it.

I don't have any money I can donate to you but I'd be more than willing to help throw some wrench time into it and come to the track with you on it's maiden voyage. I've got a bunch of spare stock parts if you need anything just let me know.

this seems like a great idea. It seems like everybody wants to get some money out of this or something. How about people stop calling our cars probe's, or slow, or old. Recognition for the 'old style' supra. sounds like a good deal. No more "does it have a 2jz" or "is that a twin turbo" b/s. I love the idea, if you don't then don't post. I say negative rep for b/s posts in this thread.

give me a call if you need anything