Gauges light up but nobody is home

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I actually think my fuel gauge is working. Now to figure out the temp gauge and then find what's causing my dash to stay on after I turn the car off

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Both orangey-yellow? I don't actually know how to read electrical diagrams :( and I have zero electrical experience aside from wiring up HID kits in my truck or a stereo, so i, really outa me element here (plus I'm red/green colorblind lol)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
sorry my bad that diagram was not what you wanted....

the power wire is yellow into 8c
water temp gauge has a yellow wire with a green stripe(from watertemp sender) to 2a and a brown wire to 3a(ground)

here are the ones you needed
first link:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=136
second link:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=137

just fyi the wire colors on the diagram are written next to the wires
in this case
Y for yellow(in the first link)
Y-G for yellow with a green stripe (second link)
and BR for brown(second link)

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
That I can figure out lol, I really appreciate the help. I really need to actually learn some automotive electrical just so I can figure out some of this stuff instead of running to the computer in a panic every time something's wrong lol

Also: is it normal for the boost gauge to wait a while before catching up to the engine? I'll have my foot on the floor and it will take over 5 sec for it to come off -4...?

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Ha! Figured it out, I'm a dumbass lol. Turns out I had the wires correct, but it was not receiving a signal because the temp sender was not hooked up, connected it with a blade connector and shrink wrapped it, now all my gauges but speedo work and I know what I have to do to get that working :)