gauge problem

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
yes i searched, found somethings to look for but still cant come up with the answer.

well i pulled out my gauge cluster today, for when i plugged it back in, the gauges aren't working.

Still lights up, the indicator lights all still work, just nothing for the gauges...

no water temp, no tach; no oil press...

the green paper (circuit board looking thing) has no tears, no dirt.

all plugs are in the correct places and pushed in all the way.

fuses are good underhood and in the car.

i'm stuck, can't think as to what else it could be. it was working, took it out, plugged it back in now it's not! haha i have this strange feeling it's one of those moments where it's so simple and easily overlooked that when it's fixed i'mma kick my self in the arse.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
First off is this the same cluster that came with the car? I had that problem when I tryed <palm to forehead> to install a 90+ cluster in my 89. Yes mine plug right in and lite up, but no workie. To find out that the cluster has differny PCF. (the green circuit film). I bought another 89 cluster and I was good to go.

Here was my thread on the same problem, read up on it lots of good info in it.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76658

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Eric_Odie;1222971 said:
yes i searched, found somethings to look for but still cant come up with the answer.

well i pulled out my gauge cluster today, for when i plugged it back in, the gauges aren't working.

Still lights up, the indicator lights all still work, just nothing for the gauges...

no water temp, no tach; no oil press...

the green paper (circuit board looking thing) has no tears, no dirt.

all plugs are in the correct places and pushed in all the way.

fuses are good underhood and in the car.

i'm stuck, can't think as to what else it could be. it was working, took it out, plugged it back in now it's not! haha i have this strange feeling it's one of those moments where it's so simple and easily overlooked that when it's fixed i'mma kick my self in the arse.

1st - What year is your car?
2nd - what year is the cluster?

That said...... if your cluster is off a 91 and up it wont work with the 87-90 because the Green paper (circuit board looking thing) in the back of the cluster is different.

I bought a 92 cluster for my 89 and it did not work at all, as soon as i changed the circuit board looking thing to older models it work fine.

So try that.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Suprizim TT;1223283 said:
That said...... if your cluster is off a 91 and up it wont work with the 87-90 because the Green paper (circuit board looking thing) in the back of the cluster is different.

So try that.

BTW it is 1990 that is changed NOT 1991. As you read my post I found out first hand.
87-89 = same PCF 90-92= same PCF