Gas prices

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
i payed $2.89 for regular 5 minuets ago. FUCK IDAHO! boise has only one company ship gas from salt lake. but it's funny how people still buy chevron gas, when it comes from the same tank as the mavrick gas and all other gas stations around boise. only the e85 comes from a difrent company and it's $2.85 too!

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
wow you guys must be really young to think 1.90 to 2.00 isnt bad, just a few years ago i remember like 1.29 and thoiught i was getting shafted(like 3 or 4 yrs ago)

i went for an interview with a petroulem co this morning,and was having a discussion with my new boss(yeay, i got the job,local gig home every night 60-65k a year,more time to work on supras) after the interview...he says 2 a gallon is going to be a fact of life from now on.

i hope it stays high a little longer,i'm looking for a v10 excursion right now...they are giving the things away...but i'm not going to let fuel prices dictate what i drive..i will cut other things first,no more 300 sushi dinners with the family for a while

i think its funny when people freak out over fuel prices..i have to at work, its how i make a living,but when i get home..its all about how you handle your budget

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Just filled up for 70 cents a liter....so what's that, x 3.75 roughly = 2.63 per gallon
Better than the $4 and up per gallon the other summer...

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
trucker said:
wow you guys must be really young to think 1.90 to 2.00 isnt bad, just a few years ago i remember like 1.29 and thoiught i was getting shafted(like 3 or 4 yrs ago)

i went for an interview with a petroulem co this morning,and was having a discussion with my new boss(yeay, i got the job,local gig home every night 60-65k a year,more time to work on supras) after the interview...he says 2 a gallon is going to be a fact of life from now on.

i hope it stays high a little longer,i'm looking for a v10 excursion right now...they are giving the things away...but i'm not going to let fuel prices dictate what i drive..i will cut other things first,no more 300 sushi dinners with the family for a while

i think its funny when people freak out over fuel prices..i have to at work, its how i make a living,but when i get home..its all about how you handle your budget

How much on average are trucking jobs paying south of the border nowadays that you've seen? Obviously a big difference between owner operators and company drivers of course...And generally long hauls are more - at least up here. 60-65 local sounds quite good...

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
trucker said:

Not that young.
I remember 1.09 gas prices. Around 1.29 when I started driving.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
old job as a trainer for major otr co here paid about 55k out like six weeks at a time,i stayed with trainees for whole training period

new job is for petroulem co,home every night 55-60k in new bosses words"without killing myself", bettere insurance,benefits package

but it's kinna skewed it's not like i'm hauling for a freight co.so its not really apples to apples

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
trucker said:
old job as a trainer for major otr co here paid about 55k out like six weeks at a time,i stayed with trainees for whole training period

new job is for petroulem co,home every night 55-60k in new bosses words"without killing myself", bettere insurance,benefits package

but it's kinna skewed it's not like i'm hauling for a freight co.so its not really apples to apples

Ah, gotcha...Still, doesn't sound bad at all...since due to taxes and cost of living...60k would be more like 90k up here haha

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
yeah i also have to figgure i wont be spending 6k a year on road expenses anymore...living on the road is getting costly

so when you figgure that in,along with cheaper insurance and a matching 401k, its a good deal all around,like getting a big raise and better lifestyle,i've been on the road for the last 5 yrs, i'm looking forward to quality wrench time on my supras(oh yeah,wife and kids too)

oh i'll edit to keep ot...gas prices suck!